Final 8 in the Best Game Ever Contest

Yeah, that’s what everyone who couldn’t use omnislash on Hiruko for a one move kill says. Go back to your kiddy games. This realm is beyond you.

;.;

But seriously, what am I missing?

Are you asking what Shinobi can do for you? Nothing if you don’t invest 70+ hours into it simply to beat it on all 3 modes. Shinobi gives people joy through overcoming impossible odds. Most games try to give people joy through atmosphere or story, which is why games get so old after you’ve played for a decade. You’re getting the same kind of pleasure over and over again and it becomes less intense every time. Those games are like masturbation. Shinobi is like SEX.

I’m gonna stop before this post turns into something I don’t want it to :stuck_out_tongue:

Hades FFVI was there it lost against LOZ:LttP.

LTTP IS THE BUSH OF GAMEFAQS!!!

I can’t believe Street Fighter II got beaten by Super Mario RPG. This is the fighting game that began things like button combos, fireballs and the like… how could it go down so easily? And Contra beaten by Final Fantasy… that makes me sad.

Oh well, I’m rooting for Super Mario Brothers 3.

Get yer facts straight before musclin’ on my territorah boy! (actually, SF2’s SG’s territory, but I know a bit about the game ;p)

Street Fighter 2, while being a revolutionary fighting game, did not invent button combos and fireballs. Street Fighter 2 was horribly bugged and glitched for its time, such as Dhalsim’s 2-in-1 headbutt (combos didn’t exist back then), or Ryu/Ken’s 2-in-1 axe kick, tick-throwing, and the like.

Fireballs and quarter-circle motions invention credits should go to Street Fighter 1.

The reason as to why it went down is because it’s a fighting game, and fighting games tend to cater to only niche markets (Not gonna get into VF in Japan, NOT GONNA GET INTO THAT), while RPGs have been experiencing a boom as of late. Fighting games, however, not. What fighting game is coming out in 2004? Can you name them?

-VF4 - Final Tuned
-Capcom Fighting Jam
-Mortal Kombat - Deception
-KoF : Maximum Overdrive (or something like that anyway)
-KoF : Neowave
-Guilty Gear Isuka (For PS2/Xbox, actually, it’s already out in Japan in arcades)

That’s it. Let’s not recall the number of RPGs/hybrid RPGs coming out.

River City Ransom lost to Pong. Why? Because fanboys wanted to be cool by voting Pong as they never played both games. Yes, it pisses me off, but I live with it.

CT vs SC in the final. CT to win. Because CT is CT, and regardless of which game is better (not even a fair comparison, which pretty much goes for this whole poll IMO) unstoppable against something like SC. :frowning:

You do realize Hades is just talking about me and him having intercourse.

Never in my life have i wanted so much to be you. Hades is my ultimate fantasy.

So I just checked on this, and Chrono Trigger and Link to the Past were tied, 21641 to 21641. I voted for CT, and it seems like most people here will too - so go vote, CT really shouldn’t lose at this point.

Xwing1056

I voted for LttP. LttP is ahead by 0.02 of a percentage. Go Lttp! :D:D

EDIT: My mistake. 0.03

Damn thing looks rigged to me. Big surprise.

How is it rigged? So long as you don’t count Gamefaqs’s reliance on squabbing fanboys for a close compotition as rigging, that is.

These 3 quotes make a lot of sense when put together. Think about what I said and what Epic said.

points at Sohee’s sig

[QUOTE=X_countryguy]Yeah I know that this probably isn’t the best of ideas for a thread, but the games and matchups that are left in this contest are actually pretty decent, I figured I’d break it down here.

Mario 3
Zelda: LTTP
FF7 vs. Zelda: OOT-That is f’n hard! FFVII, I guess
Starcraft vs. Super Smash Brothers Melee-What made you come up with this? SSBM cos PC games suck.

BOOYA! CT beat LttP! :yipee:

Starcraft > all. that is truly all that needs be said.

BASTARDS!

I stand by what I said though. :stuck_out_tongue: