FFXII License Board and General stuff

So I finally got to starting FFXII…

Looking over several things, I love the graphics, battle system is a totally new thing that Im not so sure if I like it yet…

I like the License Board, after coming off of X and X-2, it replicated that perfectly.
That being said, how feasible is it to completely fill it? Ive seen enough to know to make mixed characters mostly, but Im more saying at the end, should I have it filled or not?

Thanks

You will most definitely have it completely filled by the end.

Cool. I figured Id ask, as X’s isnt hard to do, but does take a bit of work I know.

Roughly halfway through the game you’ll have LP coming out of your ass and nearing finishing all the useful bits of the grid. Closing in to three quarters in you should have the whole thing filled.

You can easily beat the game without filling it, but on most peoples’ first run through, not everything is obvious and they end up getting thousands more LP than they need, especially with Golden Amulets. It’s not something that deserves to really be worried about.

They all pretty much said it. You’ll get way more than you need to fill it. I am not even halfway through, i am about 3/4 of the way through it. Of course, this is my 2nd run through the game(i took a hiatus earlier to close my FF11 account to play some WOW).
This time, i am focusing more on using technicks, and so far, it’s payed off. It’s hard to figure out which technik is best for which situation. Some monsters a technic will do hundreds of damage to, others, almost none. But it’s cool, because most are AoE(area of effect) technics, and they don’t cost MP. (I know, i know, i have alternate spellings for ‘technik’, i forget how it’s spelled so i figure to cover the field, LOL).
You could always try to specialize, and make your characters very specific with the license they learn, but ultimately, that is unrealistic, and will lead to really weak circumstantial characters that you can’t switch out in the middle of a battle. I found it’s better to have everyone learn everything, and then customize job through the gambits.