FFXI: Status

Just wondering how everyone’s doing in FFXI.

I just recently reached level 30 with my Warrior and finished the Dark Knight quest. :enguard:
This weekend I’ll be getting Dragoon(hopefully).

Also if I could get this stickied, I’d appreciate it. kthxbye.

Level 25 WHM.
In Jeuno. Broke.

29 BLM (formerly level 30 shakes fist).

Currently leveling THF for $$ and WHM for subjob.

Level 13 Red Mage, stranded somewhere in the Dunes with no idea which way to go. Fudge.

On what world do you play again?
It should be enough to shout, there’s always someone who is kind enough to show you the way.

I’m earning money on raising people in Valkurum.

Originally posted by Nulani
I’m earning money on raising people in Valkurum.

Is that common practice in your world? It’s much frowned upon on Caitsith…

Shiva. Don’t worry, I only died once escaping the dunes. Then I went back for more. I’m making good money off the items I get there, but I don’t have even a single item for the Selbina subjob quest yet.

Originally posted by Ooka
Is that common practice in your world? It’s much frowned upon on Caitsith…

I don’t know. I don’t call it fees though, I call it donations.

10/5 DRK/WAR on Cerberus.

If you play FFXI and you haven’t seen these, go check them out sometime… They’re awesome.

Originally posted by Ooka
If you play FFXI and you haven’t seen these, go check them out sometime… They’re awesome.

Brillant sruff.:hahaha;

And I’m 12/6 now.

Hey guys, can I ask you a favor?

I’m currently gathering all the info I can on FFXI for the next FFC update. Since I’m not going to buy the game (don’t have the money to spend right now, besides I don’t know if I would enjoy an “infinite play” game) I would appreciate your help.

Mainly, I need to find out things that the FF websites don’t tell you. Such as: does the game have any actual “story?” Are you given especific missions to do that affect the game overall, or is it like in FF Tactics Advance where you spend your time mostly accepting quests and fulfilling them? Are there any “events” such as wars or plagues that happen suddenly and change the game environment? That kind of thing.

Please post any comments here, or Email them to me (No PMs please! :slight_smile:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/location/history/index.html

Ah… thanks, Ahk, but I’ve already got the FFXI backstory. It’s what happens AFTER (that is, in the “present”) that I need to find out.

There supposedly is a story. But since it is a mmorpg, it might take years for it to evolve. And no one would be able to tell you any details.

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
Ah… thanks, Ahk, but I’ve already got the FFXI backstory. It’s what happens AFTER (that is, in the “present”) that I need to find out.

The missions involve the return of the Shadow Lord. That much I can tell you(I have yet to kill the Dragon for Mission 2-3 in San d’Oria). And that is all I can say about the present.

Yes, the game has something of a story as you play it, but it differs in the beginning depending on which city you choose to start in. From what I’ve seen so far, the missions and quests that you get serve to develop various key characters and the story, but then I haven’t got to the more advanced missions yet.
As for things that change the game environment, there are none (except, of course, the odd update :ah-ha!: ).

Hmm… I was afraid of that. Oh well, I’ll settle for the World Background for now and leave the Present Events for later.

BTW, anyone know of a site that lists ALL the subquests offered so far? I could add those.

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
[b]Hmm… I was afraid of that. Oh well, I’ll settle for the World Background for now and leave the Present Events for later.

BTW, anyone know of a site that lists ALL the subquests offered so far? I could add those. [/b]

Well I have the BradyGames guide(which is totally useless). It only covers up to Level 50(No AF coverage), Missions up to Mission 3-3, and very few of the multitude of quests available. They do not tell you how to get avatars except for Carbuncle(for summoners).

As far as I know, between IGN and Allakhazam , you should be able to get a good listing of missions/quests.