FFX Plot Hole (Spoilers)

Playing through the game again in anticipation for FFX-2, I’ve come across something strange. The thread has been marked with spoilers, so do not read if you don’t want the game to be spoiled.

In the farplane, when Yuna asks Tidus to summon up Jecht, he tries and fails - but instead pulls up an image of his mother. Tidus then mentions that no one had ‘sent’ his mother, and Yuna says that “In life, she had accepted death”, and she didn’t need to be sent.

Well, when you are watching the sphere of Lord Jyscal talk about Seymour, he says that he “accepts death” as his punishment for not protecting his wife and son from the “cruelty of the world”.

If Jyscal had accepted death, then why did he crawl out of the Farplane?

Maybe he changed his mind? Maester’s perogative etc. :ah-ha!:

It sucks when people speak in metaphor like that :thud:

Originally posted by Sorcerer
[b]Playing through the game again in anticipation for FFX-2, I’ve come across something strange. The thread has been marked with spoilers, so do not read if you don’t want the game to be spoiled.

In the farplane, when Yuna asks Tidus to summon up Jecht, he tries and fails - but instead pulls up an image of his mother. Tidus then mentions that no one had ‘sent’ his mother, and Yuna says that “In life, she had accepted death”, and she didn’t need to be sent.

Well, when you are watching the sphere of Lord Jyscal talk about Seymour, he says that he “accepts death” as his punishment for not protecting his wife and son from the “cruelty of the world”.

If Jyscal had accepted death, then why did he crawl out of the Farplane? [/b]

Iirc - didnt Jyscal crawl out to show yuna that Seymour was bad? I think he crawled out simply to alert Yuna to the fact his son was evil.

It has been awhile since I played it though.

That sphere was probably made before Jyscal died. Who says he crawled out of the farplane? It’s only a sphere, like Jecht’s or Auron’s. Speaking of Auron, if he got out of the Farplane, then it can’t be that hard anyway.

Who says Jyscal crawled out of the Farplane? You watch him do it…When you visit the Farplane in Guadoslam after Seymour proposes to Yuna.

And Auron didn’t “get out of the farplane”, he was never sent, so he was never there in the first place.

Maybe Jyscal had known that Yuna had visited the Farplane, and that he wanted Yuna to stop Seymour.

That sounds pretty thin, I mean if people in the farplane could talk, why wasn’t Chappu talking to Wakka?

Maybe for the same reason he wouldn’t speak to Lulu…

he either did want to make them sad, or more specifically, didn’t want to see the brother who was bumping his fiance…or soon to be…whatever.

When you get down to it, it seems people can choose whether they want to show up or not. Or maybe, Chappu was never sent…how would Wakka know for sure if he was anyway?

Because he showed up in the Farplane. If you are sent - you go to the farplane. Seymour was never sent, neither was Mika nor Auron. Which is why they can walk around and junk.

I was under the impression that while he accepted death and (I assume) was sent, his need to alert someone to what he knew about Seymour was strong enough to allow him to escape the Farplane for just those moments. I think that giving the warning was all that he felt he would be capable of doing against Seymour, so I never saw him being like an unsent anyway.

I don’t remember the exact words from Jyscal’s sphere either, so I could probably do a little better here.

Jyscal was probably actually carried to the Farplane rather than sent. My bets are that if he hadnt been carried there, he’d have been an unsent like the others. But bytaken tot he farplane, he was bound to it, which was why he could not fully leave it, and probably why Auron wouldnt go in.

No, that’s not it - the Guado at the door to the Farplane specifically mentions a “glorious sending” for Lord Jyscal.

Ok lemme say one thing.

WHO CARES OMIGOD!!! So what, so they made a little error. No one cares at all. I didnt notice it, I just accepted it and played on. I dont care about the small detail holes. Its a good game and that is what u guys should be caring about anyway.

Yea, it is a good game - which is what makes it so much fun to talk about and discuss. It’s called a debate you twirp, don’t be such an asswipe.

Yes, I agree. But, is it really necaseray or however u say it to talk about one scene, in one small part? You may argue that it is a vital point in the story, and it is, but that is something on the side, instead of what really matters in that part, you have chosen to focus on a distracting point.

Despite the fact that he’d accepted death, perhaps he just couldn’t rest until something was done about Seymour, which required him to warn Yuna. Unfinished business and all.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
No, that’s not it - the Guado at the door to the Farplane specifically mentions a “glorious sending” for Lord Jyscal.

Guados can lie, can’t they? It seems to be something they’re good at.

Well maybe after he created that sphere, he did change his mind about not wanting to “pass on” or “sent”. And when he feeled he needed to he left the farplane trying to do what needed to be done. in other words warn Yuna about Seymour.

I agree with the unfinished business bit. That seems most likely. I mean, isnt it always said that ghosts stick around until they finish thier business?

It seems to me, that the way Lord Jyscal accepted his death was diffrent than the way Tidus’ mother accepted her. Lord Jyscal KNEW he was going to die, and instead of rising up to try and stop it, he devised a plan to bring the culprit to justice. Whereas Tidus’ mother gave up on life. She died in her heart before her body kicked the bucket. Maybe that’s all the diffrence it makes.