Ffx-2

I saw another thread similair to this but, oh well…

I read in Gamepro that many people grace FFx-2 as “possibly the worst thing to happen to ps2 rpgs-ever.” It also says that the game is basically Yuna and Rikku going on a Thelma and Louise type thing across Spira, in serch of Titus. It has real time battle and stuff, and Yuna has guns with no summoning (you’ve probably heard this before, but whatever).

Man… and I didn’t think it was possible to get any worse than FFX… (this is just my personal opinion. No I have not playedf the game so I am not judging it fairly, but from what I have seen heard, and from FFX, I think this will take the prize of worst FF ever)

Personally, I’m reserving my judgement until I’ve played it. Besides, the costume/job system looks like fun ^^

Okay, if you haven’t played either game, I SERIOUSLY recommend that you stop bashing FFX until you’ve played it. FFX-2 does look okay.

I wholeheartedly agree with OmegaflareX on this point. I have played FFX and it was really good, a couple holes here and there…but what game does’nt have those. And I am desperately waiting FFX-2. Judgement should always be spared until the game is played is how I figure it. and so far the only FF game that stunk was FFMQ, and I played it first.

Let the game come out and then PLAY it before you make rash decisions.

We here at RPGClassics have a thing about hating games that you never play, it’s called Hades, and most don’t like it.

I have played through FFX, so I can honestly say that I dislike it.

Originally posted by Izlude at 12:47 PM EST
Man… and I didn’t think it was possible to get any worse than FFX… (this is just my personal opinion. No I have not playedf the game so I am not judging it fairly, but from what I have seen heard, and from FFX, I think this will take the prize of worst FF ever)

Originally posted by Izlude at 9:46 PM EST
I have played through FFX, so I can honestly say that I dislike it.

So you just basically played through a 40+ hour game in 9 hours?

I think he read a review or something and forgot about a teeny little date log he makes when he posts :stuck_out_tongue:

The only real complain with FFX-II of mine is that they destroyed Yuna’s character. Reserved, quiet summoner to a slut with a gun is a pretty big change. I’d like to see how Square will cover this one up.

I think he meant he hasn’t played FFX-2, not FFX.

Yeah, that’s what angers me Cless. They went in and pretty much reshaped the characters which kills part of it being a sequel in my opinion. Sure, the actual characters are the same, but radical changes in personality? Err… no thanks.

I was kinda sorta maybe halfway looking forward to FFX-2, just to see how it would be, but the knowledge that they killed the original personalities is a no-no for me. I like remaining true to character, and I feel that personality changes, especially radical ones, need lots of motivation.

The costume system sounds pretty nifty, but is the changing Sailor Moon-esque?

Was this game out in the US yet?

Originally posted by Flintedge
I think he meant he hasn’t played FFX-2, not FFX.

Since FFX-2 hasn’t even come OUT yet, he probably means FFX.

Haw, notice how’s he’s not replying? I like to call these types of things “hit and run” threads. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for what Cless said, I’ve had the same opinion for a while. They take a quiet, modest and yet determined summoner who uses white magic and summons, and turn her into some kind of slut who uses guns, no summoning, and some really strange magic. Not the best move by Squaresoft ever. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m pretty sure he means FFX, and well Omega, not everyone can be here 100% of their time so lay off the guy.

I believe he IS talking about not having played FFX-2, otherwise why would he state FFX as a reason for disliking it?

I think you guys are just misunderstanding him.

Personally, I have the sinking feeling that it will be the worst FF as well. Ah well.

Originally posted by Kagon
I’m pretty sure he means FFX, and well Omega, not everyone can be here 100% of their time so lay off the guy.

Yeah, sorry, I got a little carried away. Exam week is just getting to me. -_-

Although Shadow, have YOU played FFX?

Yes, this is not a ‘hit and run’. It has only been, what, a day? I do have school and other thigns to do. Now, I apologize for what I first said. I wasn’t trying to blow this out of proportion and I was just stating that I dislike FFX (which is the one I played, not FFX-2) and from what I have seen and heard, I do not think FFX-2 will be any better in my eyes. I know I cannot judge FFX-2 fairly but when I pretty much disliked every part of FFX, I can make an accurate assumption of how my feelings will be about FFX-2. Again, I apologize.

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
Yeah, sorry, I got a little carried away. Exam week is just getting to me. -_-

Nuff said.

Elaborate though. Why did you dislike FFX? I just like people to be a little more thorough with their reviews. Saying something like “this game, leik, totally sucks lolololz” sounds more Hades to me (not that you were saying that).

Originally posted by OmegaflareX
Although Shadow, have YOU played FFX?

Yes, I have. I didn’t enjoy it much. The story kinda sucked, especially compared to previous game slike FF6/7, or even FF9/8.

The characters were all horrible, with the exception of Wakka and Auron. Ironically, the two most important characters, Yuna and Tidus, were the worst.

The reason they sucked was their voice acting. Yuna… ugh. Whoever did her voice and whoever did her lines should both be shot. They may have been good in the original Japanese format, I wouldn’t know, but it loses any quality it might have had in the English version.

It had the same problem FF9/8 had, although not quite as bad as 9: It introduced the “enemy”, Yu Yevon, very late into the game. Emotionally, I couldn’t care less what happened to it.

Also, there wasn’t as much of a sense of… importance. Were my party to die, it didn’t matter. The world would be fine, for a few years at least, because some other summoning party would do there thing.

I don’t know, perhaps it’s just my Nintendo fanboyishness showing through, but I didn’t like it much.

Very well. First of all, I disliked how it was so linear. No world map and following a straight path with barely any side quests. I didn’t like the ending much either. I also didn’t like how they got rid of experience and had the spheres and skill tree thing. That just didn’t seem very good to me. I also didn’t like how you could switch characters in the middle of battle. If you could do that, why not just have all of your characters battle at once. I think being able to switch characters made the game a lot easier than it should be. I have always liked using 3 characters in the party, just for the fact that you could be different every game. I don’t find the game to have much replay value, either. I would have to say the graphics are good, but that is least most important thing to me. I love the old two dimensional graphics more than some of the newer ones. The characters, I have to say, are cool. I liked their personalities and how different each was. That was probably my favorite part of the game. I also disliked the summoning system. I would much rather have it as a single turn attack then have the summon take the place of the characters. There are some other trivial things, but this is the main reason why.

Heh, I forgot to mention, I love how they did the battle system in this one. Better then any previous FFs, IMHO.

Not the magic system though, I didn’t like it much. And I thought the Sphere Grid was cool, but I wouldn’t really want to see it again to many times.

Heh, our reasons for disliking it are almost exact opposites, Izlude