FFVIII PC Question

I guess this would apply to people who’ve played it on PS as well. I’m at D-District Prison (as I mentioned in another thread, I’m replaying it), and I’m at the part where it cuts to the FMV, and if you don’t move quickly, you die. I’ve tried moving to the right (towards the platform), but it doesn’t allow me onto the platform, and I die. I’ve tried moving left (towards the camera), but then nothing happens and I die. It’s been a very very long time since I played it on the PS, so I don’t remember if he’s supposed to jump onto the platform and run in the door or something, but I’m sick of being stuck here. I remember giving FFVIII up at this point the last time I tried to play it because I couldn’t get anywhere. I’m afraid that it may be a glitch in the PC version…

So, for anyone who’s played it more recently than me, or is more familiar with the game than me, do you remember which direction I’m supposed to go, or if I’m supposed to be doing anything differently? I don’t want to have put this much effort into replaying it just to give up.

IIRC, you have to move to the right towards the platform. You never actually reach it, but if you’re close enough you’ll survive. Are you resetting before you get Game Over? 'Cause the FMV will continue to the end no matter what you do, but if you do it right you’ll just keep playing.

He’s not supposed to jump up. Just move as far toward the platform (right) as fast as possible and you should be able to continue. He gets swallowed by the dust storm every single time for me, it’s just part of the game.

I keep getting the “Game Over” screen… I’m not sure if I’ve ever gotten farther than this on the PC version… I hope it’s not a glitch… -_-

I think there’s a flashing green beacon somewhere on that screen, and when you’re climbing across the red steel support thing, you have to pass it in order to not be killed by the sand. But I’m not certain about that.