Ffvii-2

I suppose, it’s just they could probably make a 3d game longer then a 3d game either way, and I’d rather have longer than better graphics.

Wait… what? Judging by your second part of the sentence, I’m guessing that you meant its easier to make a 2D game longer. That’s definitely not true. FF6 was like 35 hours minus sidequests, and with sidequests was like 50-60. FF7 was probably only about 5 hours longer without sidequests, but could easily get 100+ hours of playtime with them. 3D graphics allow more versatility in gameplay, allowing for more sidequests and minigames, and hence a longer game.

I don’t think 3D means more versatility, except if you mean mini-games. And those don’t really need 3D stuff (most mini-games don’t use it, and most of the good ones don’t need it). You can do with 2D nearly everything you can do with 3D (see Tales of Destiny, for instance). 3D just makes it more palatable.

I’m just waiting for the first fully cel-shaded anime-style RPG. That’ll be something to look forward to, IMO. :sunglasses:

Originally posted by Cidolfas
Not really. It would just really disappoint about ten thousand fan authors. 8p Kinda like what happened in Chrono Cross.

I LIKED CHRONO CROSS!!!

If anything, I’d like to see a game that chronicled the lives of the Ancients, Jenova and Sepiroth. Those topics weren’t really covered very much in FF7 - you know Jenova was an ancient, but how come they only found Jenova and not other Ancients? You know that the Ancients could communicate with the Planet, but if they could do that, what else could they do?

I was totally turned off by cel-shading after Zelda came out. Then I saw games like Wild Arms 3 and Dark Cloud 2 and found out cel-shading isn’t that bad if done well.

I really don’t care about graphics that much (Xenogears is an exception, I just didn’t like that game because of the following). They are a definite plus but I am all for gameplay. If the game’s fun, I don’t really care how it looks or sounds. Using Xenogears as an example, I just couldn’t stand the battle system, so that’s one of the reasons I didn’t like it.

Like I said before, I just hope FFXII will return to the roots of the series that I fell in love with.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
If anything, I’d like to see a game that chronicled the lives of the Ancients, Jenova and Sepiroth. Those topics weren’t really covered very much in FF7 - you know Jenova was an ancient, but how come they only found Jenova and not other Ancients? You know that the Ancients could communicate with the Planet, but if they could do that, what else could they do?

I would love to see that idea as well. However, the Icicle Inn movies revealed that Jenova wasn’t an Ancient, but a destroyer of the Ancients. The last of the remaining Cetra managed to contain her. I’d like to see the adventures of those Cetra.