Ffvii-2

Does anyone know anything about the production of FFVII-2, or has heard rumors?

The only thing Square’s ever said is that they’re thinking about it. Chances are pretty slim that they’d actually produce it. Maybe if FFX-2 sales do really really well.

What! Then let’s all buy FFX-2! Not that I’D do it, I mean, I don’t even have a PS2! But all of you should.

I personally don’t think that the sales of X-2 should have any bearing on that decision. I mean, FFX did introduce a lot of new gamers to the FF series, and is very recent. FFVII is farther back into the memories of casual gamers. And besides, if X-2 doesn’t sell due to being tied to X, it will sell because it features three scantily clad women.

I heard they do the Charlie’s Angels pose in that game.

JW, FF7 is the most popular of the series by FAR (both by popular opinion and sales). I’m wagering FFVII-2 would do WAY better than FFX-2 would. True, what’s good for FFX-2 might not be good for FFVII-2 and vice versa, but Square needs to see if they can sell a sequel to a game before attempting to reanimate their most popular offering.

I still think that X-2 caters more to the casual gamer, and to both the FF player who has been a fan of the series and one who was introduced to FFX, of which there are many.

What people want when they talk about FFVII-2 is more FF7 - but that isn’t going to be what they’re gonna get. They’re gonna get something tottally different, because after all, if you want to play FF7, go play FF7. They will give you a new game, because it is a new game.

Not to mention the entire gameplay would be flopped around, just like in FFX-2.

I would rather a FF7 remake, and that’s what I’ve heard about, I never heard of FF7-2.

FFVII-2 would be a good idea…but it’ll end up being much worse than FFVII…

I’d personally enjoy either a prequel or a remake, because a sequel would TOTALLY screw up the story.

Not really. It would just really disappoint about ten thousand fan authors. 8p Kinda like what happened in Chrono Cross.

Also the reason that Square said FF7-2 would probably not be in production is that they would have to build the game from scratch instead of just modifying the FFX engine to go for FFX-2.

But I would love to see a remake of FF7. I just played FF7 through for the second time and if an FF7 remake came out tomorrow I would buy it right there. But I would need a PS2 for that…

I think I’ll wait to actually see info about/play it, before I make up my mind whether it would be a good game or not. Since you never know what Square are capable of coming up with. They may just find a way to improve what we all know as FF7. But I’ll just wait and see.

Originally posted by X_countryguy
[b]Also the reason that Square said FF7-2 would probably not be in production is that they would have to build the game from scratch instead of just modifying the FFX engine to go for FFX-2.

But I would love to see a remake of FF7. I just played FF7 through for the second time and if an FF7 remake came out tomorrow I would buy it right there. But I would need a PS2 for that… [/b]
They aren’t really using the FFX Engine. They’re going and copmletely redoing most of it, because, since this is an experimental game in the first place, they’re trying all sorts of things with it.

I kinda agree with the story thing. To me FF VII’s story was way too complicated and a sequel would just add more complications. That and the more I see of FF X-2 the more I don’t like it. It’s bad enough Square-Enix had to go online with FFXI but now they make a FF meets Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball. I hope FF XII returns to the roots of the series.

I really hope they make FFXII a 200+ hour 2d game for PS2… Like FF6, only really really long. Of course, they probably aren’t going to, because the majority of gamers would probably rather have a shorter game with 3d graphics.

Including me.

Well, gee. I hope it’s a 3D game with 200+ hours kinda like FF7 but longer. It’s easier to care about characters that aren’t just square blobs. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a graphics over gameplay person, but I’m a story over everything person, and I find it harder to care about characters that don’t have a realistic form.