FFVI: Goddess

(one of the last bosses in FFVI)Does anybody have any good strategies for defeating her?

There are 3, wich one?

Well, the boss strategy I used for all of them is Scan, Big Guard, Magic, and Blitz, if you have Sabin. In fact, how about you tell us who’s in your party?

I suggest Bum Rush and Ultima until they drop, combined with Cure 3 and defensive spells. Or you could use the old favorite Vanish/Doom combo.

Originally posted by Manus Dei
I suggest Bum Rush and Ultima until they drop, combined with Cure 3 and defensive spells. Or you could use the old favorite Vanish/Doom combo.

Nah, Vanish/Doom is way too cheap. I only ever used that on Intangirs. Besides, Will that even work on Goddess?

Hmmm… Let me check. goes through a FF VI walkthrough
Yes, Doom and Goddess can be destroyed by that combo.

Those 3 things are way too good to fight with just Vanish/Doom. By then my characters were pretty much strong enough to cause damage with their own weapons (if I remember correctly) and Edgar’s tools helped out A LOT as well.Life 3, is a must have, because doesn’t this boss cast something that gives a countdown and then when it reaches ) you’re all dead?I think it’s the goddes, but it may be one of the other two…well if you don’t have Life 3 you could always use that esper that allows you to jump in the sky for a period of time, and if you’re fortunate the goddess will cast the countdown and it’ll miss the character in the sky and there’s your chance to revive everyone.Or, dragoon boots, since they allow you that ability also.Once the timer runs out you’re pretty much screwed.

Actually, the countdown causes Zombie and not Wound, so Life 3 won’t help against it. However, does Overcast ignore Zombie-guarding relics? I think it does but I’m not too sure.

Actually, the countdown causes Zombie and not Wound, so Life 3 won’t help against it. However, does Overcast ignore Zombie-guarding relics? I think it does but I’m not too sure.

Uh, well maybe it’s an attack of another of those bosses, because I can remember fighting one of them and I had a lot of trouble beating them; (hey I was 11)I kept getting wiped out at the end of every countdown, not zombified.

Somebody mentioned the Esper that lets everybody jump…that would be Palidor, who is a pinkish-purple bird. My personal strategy for Goddess and every other boss was to raise everybody to insanely high levels and learn every spell, but I’m a huge fan of the game so you know. As for what I would recommend…it largely depends on your party. Hopefully you have the Genji Glove and Offering relics with a good fighter. Preferrably Locke, Edgar, Terra, or Celes with Atma Weapon and Ragnarok or Illumina (I prefer Ragnarok over Illumina due to its higher critical hit rate). As has been said before, Life 3 and Bum Rush are very useful. Basically, if you have good magic and levels, you shouldn’t have too many problems. Good luck!