FFV Advance Job Combinations

Ok, I’m about to start playing FFV Advance (I have to wait until someone picks it up for me, given my current “condition” -grr) and, being the methodological maniac I am, I’m already planning what combination of Jobs I’ll give to the characters this time. You see, unlike most people, I only want to have each Job learned by ONE character (Galuf and Krile count as one.) The thing is, there are so many possible combinations, I haven’t made my mind about which ones I’ll use this time, especially with the four new Jobs added to the list. The first time I just split them according to their specialities (Bartz got all the high-Strenght ones, Lenna all the High-Magic ones, etc.) But I suppose I could also consider the Job+Support Abilities combinations (eg. Cover on a Berserker (so he protects the party), Lance on a Black Mage (to replenish his MP) etc.) When the Jobs become available (and how many) also has to be taken into account. Also, should I switch Jobs constantly (to learn multiple abilities) or stick to a Job until it’s mastered?

I’d like to hear what your suggestions for this should be. I’m sure many of you have your own combination ideas. Consider it a game! Remember: each character will have its own list of Jobs only he or she will learn! (If you need info on the new ones -The Cannoneer, Oracle, Gladiator and Necromancer) check the FF Compendium, they have just been added.) Note that the Freelancer (Bare Job) is not listed as it doesn’t learn abilities by itself.

Characters:
Bartz
Lenna
Galuf/Krile
Faris

The Jobs:

Black Mage
White Mage
Blue Mage
Monk
Knight
Thief

Magic Knight
Red Mage
Berserker
Summoner
Time Mage

Beastmaster
Ninja
Geomancer

Ranger
Bard

Chemist
Dragoon
Samurai
Dancer

Mime

Cannoneer
Oracle
Gladiator

Necromancer

What’s your condition?

Hmm. Try something like this.

Bartz
Freelancer
Attack
Magic Sword
Sshot
Item
Mastered: Magic Knight, Ninja, Hunter, Monk
Notes: Wielding 2 Swords

Faris
Freelancer
Attack
Zeninage
Steal
Item
Mastered: Knight, Samurai, Thief, Bard, Berserker, Beast Master
Notes: Using a sword with 2 handed. Bard is there for the undead.

Krile
Blue Mage
Attack
Blue
Time
Item
Mastered: Blue Mage, Time Mage, Chemist, Geomancer

Lenna
Mime
Mime
White
Summon
X-Magic
Mastered: Red Mage, Mime, Summoner, White Mage

Summary: This is a usual group of well rounded character that can use the most useful classes and some good combinations. Bartz deals physical damage, Faris can steal and use the ever useful Zeninage, Krile is the ultimate buff character with both Blue and Time, and Rena uses some of the best stand alone magics combined with X-Magic.

Chicken Pox. Thought I’m now good enough to go buy the game myself- the guy I sent to do it for me fell sick himself! (with something else.) :thud:

Dude: Thanks, those are some cool ideas, I’ll keep them in mind.

What I’m planning to do, is blitz my way thru the first three parts oof the game, since what I REALLY want to do now is play with the new Jobs and get to the new dungeon.

I think I’ll write up a list of abilities that go well together to help me decide which Jobs to combine (the Gladiator’s Lure goes well with the Monk’s counter, for example.)

It’s a pretty generic set up, but I’ve got a couple other ideas. You may want to use some of the less used jobs. Berserkers can be really good and a lot of fun if hasted and with two handed equipped. Also Ninjas work alright with Beastmaster abilities, they are fast and can equip all of the stuff that boosts success rates.