Ffta

does it come out today or toomorrow?

Tomorrow, I think…

Wait…too…long…

Tomarrow, the ninth.

Tomorrow. But I’ve got it on ROM, and it is very fun (though so far much inferior to the original, having played the first 10 hours of each).

Originally posted by Jenova’s Witness
Tomorrow. But I’ve got it on ROM, and it is very fun (though so far much inferior to the original, having played the first 10 hours of each).

Meh, the first ten hours of FFT was just setting up the scenarios and accessing the intermediate level classes. It didn’t start getting good for me until 15 hours or so.

Ditto. I found the battles way too easy for the first 10 hours; after that was when it (and the story) actually started getting interesting.

is that Final Fantasy Tactics for gameboy advance? I’m just guessing by the A… sorry if I sound like an idiot ^_^;

Yes it is. Regular FFT has been out for years :stuck_out_tongue:

Bah to FFT! BAH I SAY!

From people playing the rom, I’ve heard that it’s actually relativly dissapointing.

Someone just tell me what’s the story’s like. Does Ramza come back? Do I get to kick Delita’s butt? Or is it just another game with “Tactics” on it?

Sorc: It’s pretty disappointing for the first 10 hours. After that it picks up majorly. :sunglasses:

Seraphim: The story’s completely different, other than taking place in somewhere called Ivalice.

Originally posted by Cidolfas
Seraphim: The story’s completely different, other than taking place in somewhere called Ivalice.

Sucks.

Why, oh, why can’t they make a tactics RPG with an easy to use character interface? Flipping back an forth between 3 menus just to get the optimum equipment setup for <em>each character</em> gets monotonous quickly. Why can’t they just have an auto-equip function for equipment you buy and a small chart showing the stat gains for that item, just like every non-tactics RPG made in the last 10 years? God do I hate trenching through those menus.

The PSX Tactics had the “Fitting Room” thing. Did they remove it?

I hated FFT’s storyline. When I want crap like that, I’ll read Shakespeare. FFTA looks to be more lighthearted, which is a big plus in my book.

Originally posted by Green Mage
Why, oh, why can’t they make a tactics RPG with an easy to use character interface? Flipping back an forth between 3 menus just to get the optimum equipment setup for <em>each character</em> gets monotonous quickly. Why can’t they just have an auto-equip function for equipment you buy and a small chart showing the stat gains for that item, just like every non-tactics RPG made in the last 10 years? God do I hate trenching through those menus.

Same, I <3 simple menus.

The original FFT actually had an awesome menu. Unfortunately FFTA’s menu isn’t anywhere near as nice. -_-

I wish I could deploy more than 6 units at a time though.

is this when it comes out in england or america?