FFT how to get elidibs

i went to do the final dungeon thing and followed all the steps. according to the guide there is supposily a boss in the final
dungeon called elidibs who has the thirteenth holy stone. but when i got there elidibs wasent in the fight just alot of goblins.
did i miss a step or somethin? :moogle:

oh another thing how can there be 13 zodiac stones when there are only 12 months?:moogle:

Um…are you even far enough down?

You know there’s like 10 floors before that boss right?

Originally posted by cait sith
[b]i went to do the final dungeon thing and followed all the steps. according to the guide there is supposily a boss in the final
dungeon called elidibs who has the thirteenth holy stone. but when i got there elidibs wasent in the fight just alot of goblins.
did i miss a step or somethin? :moogle:

oh another thing how can there be 13 zodiac stones when there are only 12 months?:moogle: [/b]

Actually, awhile ago, it was proven that there was a thirteenth Zodiac instead fo the normal 12. Threw off what our normal Zodiac system should be, so few people even bothered acknowledging it exists. I trhink My Sister ddi a chart once showing what the real timetables for it would be. I’ma gonna go look for it.

what do you mean theres 10 floors. every time i win a fight there i go back to the world map. :moogle:

You don’t go down a floor by killing everything, you go down by having move-find set to your ability and by walking around until you find the path downwards.

i 3 people in my party have move find but havent been able to find anything except a gun. is there some place on the map i should look around.

You really should loo around a bit, The best equipment in the game is found in that dungeon.

The goal of each floor is not to beat all the enemies, but rather to use Move-Find to find the path downward. Each time you enter, it’s randomly set. To help you out, inflict Sleep or Don’t Act on the enemies and start hunting.

I normally get a farmoving person with ignore height and use him to find the entrance. I also kill all but one of the enemies and stop or slow him. with this, when they turn to crystal/treasure box, i get items/skills.

is it true if you kill the enemies and they turn to crystals you can see where you are? :moogle:

Yep. Just don’t pick up the crystal and make sure the final remaning enemy can’t move on to it or bother you in any way.

so if the enemy turns into a crystal i can see the exit to the next floor right? :moogle:

No, it just makes it easier to see the terrain. Look in corners and unobvious spaces.

oh okay. :moogle:

1-The best equipment can be FOUND in the Deep Dungeon. To get the best equipment, you need move-find item and you want the character that has that to have a LOW brave because otherwise, you’ll find crappy items and you can only get each treasure once.

2-You won’t find the items or the exit by having crystals light things up. However, the crystals will make it easier for you to move around and thus help you in finding the treasures if you look up where the treasures should be.

3-Each floor has unique items and only 1 way down.

4-You’ll need to redo each floor multipled times to get the items you want (ie reset) and the exit.

5-The 13th Zodiac stone means little. Its really the Zodiac Spell you want to go for. Its the last and most powerful summon and you can only get it if you have a summoner that survives a hit from Zodiac. The best way to do that is to use Mind Break on Elidibs and to not kill him, which will be tempting because its not the easiest fight.

Another easy way to survive Zodiac is to use MP Switch, but you lose pratically all your MP.

If you are item searching first, keep in mind that the items are set in their places, rather than placed randomly. The treasures never move. Do keep your Brave low though… or you’ll pick up Phoenix Downs instead of the good stuff. Also, only Ramza can find the hidden doors that lead further down.

Now, for a neat little trick that should help you find the exit and your treasures earlier.

1.) Equip Beowulf with Excalibur for Auto-Haste, and make sure he has all of his abilities. Make Ramza a Squire and make sure he has Move-Find Item and can use Yell.

2.) Go to the floor you desire.

3.) Kill all but ONE enemy. Have Beowulf use Chicken on it until it becomes a chicken, then have him put it to sleep. This will keep the enemy out of commission for a fair bit of time. If it wakes up, sleep it again.

4.) Have Beowulf use Chicken on Ramza until he becomes a chicken. Wait a few turns so that Ramza comes back with 10 Brave (the minimum amount before being chickened). Now, have Ramza use Yell on himself every turn, moving a space every turn. Cover the spaces in an easy-to-remember pattern so that you don’t step on the same ones twice.

5.) Skip everyone else’s turn, aside from Beowulf, who should continue to Sleep or Chicken the enemy. Ramza will keep moving and Yelling, and will eventually be able to get 4 turns in a row. This speeds up your search dramatically.

Though it may seem silly for Ramza to run around in a dark cave yelling at himself, it works very well.

And as one last point of interest, you can find some of the best weapons in the game on the ninth floor of Deep Dungeon… but there’s a catch. Namely, you’ll have to “catch” them as the ninja enemies toss them at you!

Umm, Ive found the hidden entrances with other ppl than ramza

though he is good to use in finding items

Lol! It’s true, it’s true :stuck_out_tongue:

cait sith, you might try consulting an FAQ to find the items. A lot of FAQs have where the exits are too, but they’re wrong :stuck_out_tongue: It might be a place where you CAN find the exit, but it still appears randomly.