Ffiv

Goddamn ******* Odin!!!

Erm… Is there any way of stopping him do his ‘ODIN’ attack, or dodging it, when you fight him (apart from killing him) I defeated Bahamut quite easily, but Odins a real git. By the way, my characters range from level 44 - 48… Is that too low?

You basically have to kill him before he attacks. That or have a stupidly high amount of life.

Damn… so there’s no other tactics to defeat him… (apart from the bolt one, but that’s fairly straightforward!) Damnit!! Curse my stupidly slow and crap team.

Hint : Lit-3 does 9999 damage, Odin has 20 000 HPs, it’s not hard.

Have Cecil attack, Rosa cast White(assuming you got it), Edge throw Shirukens and Kain jump. It’s impossible to lose if you do this.

I’ll try that…

What level does Rosa have to be to get that spell though? (roughly)

50 if I’m not mistaking.

Have Edge throw Hellwinds/Ninja Stars or swords that are more powerful than Shurikens (Defender, etc).

Rosa learns White at level 55, but you shouldn’t need it. You shouldn’t need to throw anything with Edge either.

With Kain jumping, Rydia casting Lit-3 and Cecil and Edge attacking, Odin should die in 2 rounds easily. No need to waste Shurikens or Swords by darting them.

You could try a Vanish spell, if Odin’s attack is physical, it might miss. Otherwise, just use the above advice and bolt him.

Rosa learns White in the US version at level 46, I believe :open_mouth:

And if you must Dart with Edge, the best weapon is Dancing Knives. They’re cheap and very effective. You can buy them in uh…Mist? That one village with Callers.

Originally posted by Striker44
You could try a Vanish spell, if Odin’s attack is physical, it might miss. Otherwise, just use the above advice and bolt him.
There is no Vanish spell in FFIV.

Dancing Daggers are in Mist Village

I’m almost positive that the levels spells are learned are the same for both versions of the game, but don’t quote me on that. I just recently played through the American version (I found a cart at a pawn shop), and I didn’t notice any difference (not that I was looking that closely, but 55 and 46 are a huge difference, and I probably would have noticed that).

And there is no vanish spell in the game, but there is a blink spell, which is obviously what Striker44 was referring to.

The leves are most certainly the same. In fact, with the amount of leveling necessary to complete FF4 HT, you should have Rosa’s spells rather early.

Originally posted by Hiryuu
And there is no vanish spell in the game, but there is a blink spell, which is obviously what Striker44 was referring to.
Oh. In that case, it doesn’t work against Odin.

If you still can’t defeat Odin, consider the amount of time you’re taking to attack and perhaps the condition of your disc. You have, if I remember correctly, only 1 minute to defeat him, and wasting half of that minute summoning Bahamut is not necessarily a good idea. What you want to do is hit him with effective, but quick to fire off attacks such as the Bolt spells, sword swipes, and perhaps Edge’s Blitz spell.

And if your disc is damaged, this may be causing attacks to load slower while the timer STILL ticks. This is a major handicap, and should be dealt with. 8)

Oh… Don’t worry anymore… I defeated Odin, and have completed the game now. (Yay!) I’m not even sure if it was worth getting Odin… I didnt successfully use him once, he kept appearing, then disappearing before attacking.

Oh, and Rosa’s white magic spell is learnt at level 55. At least in the remake addition.

My team was actually pretty poor come the final boss. Rydia didnt even know Meteo… And I really screwed up when I stupidly cast reflect on Rydia during the final boss, but I still beat Zeromus, and thats all that really counts in the end.

Originally posted by FrownGuppy
I’m not even sure if it was worth getting Odin… I didnt successfully use him once, he kept appearing, then disappearing before attacking.
He’s an instant death summon with a random chance of working against regular enemies.

Yeah, but he never worked when I used him.

The 3D picture of Cid looks well funny.

Ok, then uh, yeah, I meant Blink, lol. Honestly, I haven’t played FFIV in years. I just knew there was a Vanish spell in most of the games and figured FFIV probably had one (or some equivalent, e.g. blink).