FF7 vs CT Grudge Match

Chrono Trigger, it was my first serious RPG. (Well, more serious than the first two I played, being earthbound and SMRPG)

FF7 you can credit for taking RPGs mainstream.

I greatly prefer CT over FF7 (although FF7 has it’s strong points), but then that could change… maybe whenever I FINISH FF7.

As a major fan of FF4, Hades, I’d have to agree with you: CT is aboutt he same level as FF4, but I’m thinking you mean in a whole different context.

I love both games period. One thing I have noted, I enjoy replaying CT much more than FF7. Not that Sephy isn’t nasty but Magus is a God. Oh well to each their own.

FF7 you can credit for taking RPGs mainstream.
That’s not an asset >>; Because of that, RPGs are now catered to your commoner X-Box kiddies who like “hold X to win” gameplay >>;

As a major fan of FF4, Hades, I’d have to agree with you: CT is aboutt he same level as FF4, but I’m thinking you mean in a whole different context.
FF4 and CT are about here: raises his hand

FF7 is here: raises his hand 3 times as high

>>;;

I enjoy replaying CT much more than FF7
Odd, considering you could get absolutely everything in CT in one play (save for the prism stuff) and it wasn’t a very memorable game… Hell, I only beat it because I was already at the end, and I just wanted to get it over with.

FF7, on the other hand, was so great that it kept me wanting to experience it over and over. Same with FF8. And 10 really. They just all had an amazing essence to them, which CT didn’t.

Although, noting FF8’s worth is hotly debated…

Even though the only point standing against it is that certain people don’t like the whole “We were from the same orphanage” thing >>; It was a great device which was poorly executed. That’s what I think.

Originally posted by Hades Shinigami
Odd, considering you could get absolutely everything in CT in one play (save for the prism stuff)

What about the twelve different endings to the game? You can’t get THOSE on the first run! …Well, theoretically, if you levveled to insane amounts before you even return to 1000 A.D. then yes, you could. But that still doesn’t account for the options of fighting with Crono or Not! So HA!

Originally posted by ME
[b];_;

;_;

;_;

FF7 was good, but it wasn’t great. CT was great. FF7 was about as good as Hades’ mom. [/b]

Originally posted by Devillion
FF7 IZ DA WINNAR COS CLOUD HAZ A HOOGE SWORD!1!!1!

Now die.

Kefka.

>>
<
<

FF7 was my very first actual RPG. So I’m going to have to go with it. CT is a good game, and it is very close between the two titles. But for me FF7, is just a slight bit better.

Oddly enough, FF7 and CT are the two games I can play over and over again without getting bored. (My personal opinion is that FF9 is far superior to either of them, but nobody asked me.) However, I will say that CT had much better quality assurance (FF7’s translation was horrible and it had quite a few bugs). I would have been equally happy with either win.

I agree with Cid.

Same here … although, in terms of translation bugs, “Vicks” instead of “Biggs” over “This guy are sick” could bring you either way … depending on whether you’re a fan of engrish or not.

[i]
Odd, considering you could get absolutely everything in CT in one play (save for the prism stuff) and it wasn’t a very memorable game… Hell, I only beat it because I was already at the end, and I just wanted to get it over with.

FF7, on the other hand, was so great that it kept me wanting to experience it over and over. Same with FF8. And 10 really. They just all had an amazing essence to them, which CT didn’t. [/b]

Well I’m not sure how you percieve that as odd since, as Valkyrie put it, there were multiple endings that you couldn’t get the first time through, forcing you to replay the game. At any rate as I stated at the end “To each their own”. But seriously they are both great games and I do love playing both of them over and over multiple times. Like Cid said, I would’ve been happy to see either win.

I’ve hardly played either…yet. But I’m going to have to side with Chrono Trigger, because I’ve had more fun with it in the past.

Also, why isn’t this in the poll forum so we could vote and see the outcome? Just wondering.

Originally posted by Bing
Also, why isn’t this in the poll forum so we could vote and see the outcome? Just wondering.

We’d have a 50/50 vote and a flame war going.

Originally posted by Hades Shinigami
Even though the only point standing against it is that certain people don’t like the whole “We were from the same orphanage” thing >>; It was a great device which was poorly executed. That’s what I think.
It was executed like a huge fucking plot hole, that’s why it was bad. They could have handled it so much better then they did.

Morrowind kicks both those games asses anyway…

<<
>
>

Morrowinds a completely different kind of RPG, I believe that you can’t compare PC styled RPGs and console-styled RPGs much, if not at all. And even though Morrowind was for Xbox first, it is a PC style RPG.

But that is my opinion.