FF7 Levels

About what level should you be when attacking the Shinra HQ the FIRST TIME?

im not getting killed but im not doing so well in it.

First disc right?Ahh dammit I can’t remember…what levels are you at, anyways?

I’m usually there at level 15-20 . . . that’s good for me. And everyone has their Lv1 limit2 limit break.

I never noticed levels, I always rode those things out on pure skill. But I think I recall I once took on Rufus with a lvl. 9 Cloud.

You get Red XIII with him at level 12 I believe, so that should be about right.

You certainly don’t need your level 2 limit break by the Shinra HQ. FF7 is a pretty easy game overall, you don’t need to overlevel at ALL. ^^; If you get killed, start worrying; other than that, just keep on truckin’.

Yeah I agree, don’t worry about levels too much. Most of Disk1 is a glorified tutorial so just march in. Even if you get killed, don’t worry read a guide and find out that a-hole’s weakness. A bit of a spoiler though: at one point in the headquarter your team will split up, one of them must be heavily equipped with distance black magic materia or one boss fight will become a lot harder.
I think I was well below level 20 in HQ and I had no problems at all and was never killed.

I hardly ever notice what level I’m at. I just use whatever the hell I’ve got (in terms of items, materia and limits), and nothing usually stands a chance. :slight_smile:

But for that stage of the game I don’t really think you need to be that strong, if you just know what you are doing, and keep a track of everything, you should be able to do it just fine. :smiley:

I’m trying to break my sister into Final Fantasy, and we reached the Shinra HQ with our characters at around lv13 and 14. It’s not too tough, though, and, I find, more fun when it’s difficult :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree that its mostly tutorial for the first disk. Just attack smart and you’ll be fine

Maybe you need some new weapons?I usually steal a new sword from one of those soldiers that attack you once you’re inside the building.

Yeah, you can steal a Hardedge from the Class C SOLDIER enemies, way up on that floor with the holding cells - I think it’s the 67th floor . . . Also, from the more frequently encountered Moth Slashers, you can steal Carbon Bangles. That should help give you the advantage.

Originally posted by LunarCry
Yeah, you can steal a Hardedge from the Class C SOLDIER enemies, way up on that floor with the holding cells - I think it’s the 67th floor . . . Also, from the more frequently encountered Moth Slashers, you can steal Carbon Bangles. That should help give you the advantage.

Yeah that’s what I always did.Shin Ra never presented much of a problem if I did that, so that strategy helps immensely, considering all the aftermath you have to go through/fight when

Jenova escapes

i just got outside midgar (after the motor ball boss fight) and most charachters are at lv 15

i did get 2 carbon bangles and a hardedge. thanks all

ps no one died

Hmmmm yeah I got my guy to have their Limit breaks like super fast and there at about 15-20 around there or higher thats because of the LACK OF GIL! but hey Im about 20-25 and Im by Jeno! :hyperven: what fun! and took what about 120 hours to get everyones levels to to 99 (when my mom played it the frist time.)

JC, I’m guessing that you mean ‘Junon’, not ‘Jeno

But anyway, how long did it take you to reach those levels? 'Cause to tell the truth they don’t really seem that high. But I haven’t played it in a while, and maybe wrong.

everytime i play through the game, I like to max out limit breaks (except lvl 4 of course) in the mithril cave. I usually just max out cloud and barret at this point (caus i hate everyone else that i have at this part of the game.) having ungarmax and meteorain make it quite easy to finish the 1st disk. I also gain quite a few lvls in there while gaining limit breaks.

Yeah, a friend of mine (who is totally nuts about getting stats sky-high during the first hours of an RPG) never left the Midgar area until he was powerful enough to learn Beta and kill the Midgar Zolom . . . By then his party was at ~Lv45, had Lv3 magic, and every party member had all of their Limits (except Lv4 Limits of course). Because of this, he soared though Disc1 like nuts.

For real Mako? god…

I was about lvl16-18 roughly for each character when I did this. I think the 1st disc is much more than just an tutorial, it was a great story and it was VERY challanging at some areas (the Dolphin and Shinra March, Duane, and getting Aeris’s 4th Limit break was very hard.