FF3

BN: Are you saying there are no dumb Americans? Geesh. -_- Just watch one of those daytime talk shows and you’ll soon see.
Anyway… no, FFMQ was not meant for “dumb Americans”. It was meant for young Americans. It still remains an excellent “starter RPG”, and it’s more fun than it deserves to be. And it has a rockin’ soundtrack.

Interesting…

Since I was never a huge fan of the DQ series, I doubt I’d enjoy going back and playing the old ones. Especially after what Saturn said about the menus.

One of my favorite things about the FF series is how they constantly change the magic/class system so that each one is different.

As far as dumb Americans, just look at the president.

If you’re going to try to give the DQ series a second chance, my only advice is to start with the remakes; they reduce the difficulty (particularly the mass levelling in games like DQ2), and the all-purpose button I mentioned earlier, and all of the remakes except the first two (DQ1.2 for SNES or DQ1&2 for GBC) give your characters a “bag” like in FF games that can hold as many items as you need. That gives you far less micro management than before, and generally makes the games feel more “modern.”

Unfortunately, DQ4’s remake isn’t in english, and isn’t very likely to be translated (given it’s only-on-PlayStation status), but the original is still worth playing, due to the good story, excellent characters, and badass villian.

Sat, what you just said about the remakes has me considering looking for the 1&2 remake. I love the 3 remake, and I think it was the first game I bought when I got my SP. I never finished 2, just because the leveling totally sucked (and how I couldn’t get through more than four or so fights after reaching Rhone), and the item limits, and all this other crud. Does the Staff of Thunder bug still work in the remake?

Unfortunately not. Also, they limit your item space on the DW1&2 remakes (that bonus wasn’t added until the 3 remake), but there are vaults around the world where you can store items and money.