FF2 (aboot tim)(spoilers)

Okay, i finally beat FF2 on Origins. The ending was okay, if too short, but i like the “ordinary youths with extraordinary minds” part.

Anywho, it took me about three tried to kill the Emperor. Finally i had to equip Gus with two Rune axes, and the whole first round i cast Hate, Aura, Berserk, and had Leon(the weakest link) used that iden Baachucucucuc’s Wine(or whatever) and BAM, Ges was dealing about 2000 damage each turn(thats 1000 for each weapon). Leveling up Ultima was a freakin waste of time. Really, it seems the only useful spells in that game are Cure, Esuna, Life, and Warp. the rest are crap. I didnt even get the most powerful sword, Firion was useing a crappy Defense sword.

Anywho, It was an over all good game, i’d play it again if i had a life. err, i mean, didnt have a life.

Congratulations! 8)

However, you could have equipped Firion with Blood Swords and defeated him in 2 hits. 8P

Arent blood swords really weak ?

Originally posted by Born_Loser
Arent blood swords really weak ?

Yes, vs normal creatures, but against undead, they are awesome
and the emperor is a weird guy that is effected by it.

Thats cool !

More HP = More damage

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t FF2 consitered one of the easiest FFs?

You may be thinking of the American FF2 (which is really FF4). The Japanese FF2 (released with FF Origins) is… well, not hard, but incredibly annoying.

I wasn’t confusing FF2 with FF4.
I always read FF2j is very easy. At least I heard the leveling up is.

Yeah, that was the weapon level up trick with teh old system. You would just select attack, and cancel. You could max a weapon in one battle. But they took that away on the PSX version.

Originally posted by Xelopheris
But they took that away on the PSX version.

Damn those Duke Boys!
I’m assuming it was a glitch right?

Um, I finish FFII: Origins a while ago. To me it was the shortest game in the series. Anyway, the weapon trick worked for me. I just spent an hour on it in the begining of the game and never had to worry about doing it again.

I didn’t use that select/cancel thing on the weapons. I used it on magic cause it takes way too long to level up magic. I got strength up normally and equipped firion with two blood swords and killed the emperor in one hit. (This was on Normal mode by the way.[unlocked by loading up the completed game if you didn’t know])

Originally posted by Xelopheris
Yeah, that was the weapon level up trick with teh old system. You would just select attack, and cancel. You could max a weapon in one battle. But they took that away on the PSX version.

Um, no they didnt, its still on there.

Originally posted by Dalton Of Zeal
[b]Congratulations! 8)

However, you could have equipped Firion with Blood Swords and defeated him in 2 hits. 8P [/b]

One. Astaroth, Tiamat and Beelzebub may be likewise slain.

Well, they didnt take the system away, but they did make the experiance in revelence to the monsters, fighting weak monsters awarded you no EXP, wheras, when i got Leon, he would gain a level in shield or something every few battles. Gaining magic levels sucked, as magic in general sucked. I liked Leila(Layla) the best, of all the extra characters, she was my strongest. I spent about 30 hours playing this one, that’s 4 hours more than it took me to beat FF1. But also, on the other hand, i had beat FF1 before, 30 hours really isnt that long to spend on an FF RPG. My first time through FF7 took about twice that, and FF8 took me about 50 hours, FF10… i have beat it, but not finished it, i didnt do anythign extra in that. FF9 took me about 60 hours too… i am playing that one again. It is soooo slow paced though.

took me 52 hours.