Irvine: “Barret.”

Rikku: “Rinoa.”

Barret: “Rinoa.”

Lulu: “Rinoa.”

[light and sound effects]

Rinoa (pouting like she’s never pouted before): “Hmph! This is not FAIR!”

Anne Robinson: “So you think you didn’t deserve to be voted off, Rinoa?”

Rinoa: “No, I didn’t deserve it, not at all.”

Anne Robinson: “Even though you were technically the worst player in that round?”

Rinoa (stubborn defiance): “No I wasn’t. Quistis was.”

Anne Robinson: “Quistis has not got a question wrong all game, whereas you have been the weakest player two rounds in a row! Maybe if you spent more of your energies actually trying to answer the questions, you wouldn’t have been voted off!”

Rinoa (pouting AGAIN): “Well it’s still not fair!”

Anne Robinson (ignoring Rinoa’s final outburst): “Lulu, you’ve been quiet all game.”

Lulu (dark and brooding): “Yes.”

Anne Robinson: “Tell me, how many poor, innocent creatures had to die so that you could make your gown?”

Lulu: “Enough.”

Anne Robinson: “And it doesn’t itch at all, does it?”

Lulu: “No.”

Anne Robinson: “Not the most talkative of people, are you, Lulu? Tell me, not that I need to ask, why Rinoa?”

Lulu: “She’s been poor all game, she had to go.”

Anne Robinson: “She did indeed! Rinoa! The people have spoken! With five votes, you are the weakest link! Goodbye!”

[…and Rinoa does the walk of shame.]

[backstage]

Rinoa: “This is just not FAIR! I was just as good as anyone out there today, if not better!” [huge-o pout] “I hope Irvine wins, as he was the only one who didn’t vote for me last round, so he’s obviously the most intelligent.”

Anne Robinson: “Round 4, and out of a possible 15 000 gil, you’ve banked a measly, pathetic 2950. There are six of you left, and another ten seconds is coming off the clock. We’ll start with the strongest link from the last round- that’s hatman!”

[Irvine looks a little humiliated as people start laughing]

Anne Robinson: “Let’s play the weakest link!”

Anne Robinson: “Start the clock.”

Anne Robinson: “Irvine, how many classes of chocobo races are there at the Gold Saucer?”

Irvine (apparently unable to take a hint, still flirting with Rikku): “Four, Anne.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Rikku, how many spaces make up a tetra master board?”

Rikku: “Sixteen.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Barret,”

Barret: “Bank!”

Anne Robinson: “On which continent would you find the Kramers’ old orphanage?”

Barret (no chance in hell): “Erm, Esthar?”

Anne Robinson: “No dear, Centra. Lulu, what is the name of the giant snake that inhabits the marshes to the east of the mythril mines?”

Lulu: “The Midgar Zolom.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Cloud, which organisation was formerly known as the crimson blades?”

Cloud (doesn’t know): “Nope, pass.”

Anne Robinson: “The Crusaders, dear. Quistis, how many floors are there in the Wutai pagoda?”

Quistis: “Five.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Irvine, what monster is also known as the “calamity from the skies”?”

Irvine: “Jenova.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Rikku,”

Rikku: “Bank!”

Anne Robinson: “What is the name of the bonfire in the middle of Cosmo Canyon?”

Rikku (struggling): “The Cosmo flame?”

Anne Robinson: “No dear, it’s the Cosmo Candle. Barret, how many towers make up the Galbaldian desert prison?”

Barret (not a clue): “Umm, three?”

Anne Robinson (mock surprise): “Correct!” [Barret looks astonished] (“normal”)“Lulu, what G is both a type of greens and a pickle? Gyshal or Goomba?”

Lulu: “Gyshal.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Cloud, Trabia is known for which weather condition, snow or sun?”

Cloud: “Snow.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Irvine, HP plus, MP plus and counter attack are all typed of which colour of materia?”

Irvine: “Purple.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Quistis,”

Quistis: “Bank!”

Anne Robinson: “The Goers are the local blitzball team for which city?”

Quistis: “Luca.”

Anne Robinson: “Time’s up, your bank was just in time. In that round, team, you managed a measly 1350 gil! Who’s got more brains in their cleavage than their head? Who’s finally beginning to feel the cold? It’s time to vote off the weakest link!”

Narrator: “For the first time in the game, Quistis is the strongest link, as she banked the most money. Cloud is technically the weakest link, but will the voting reflect the statistics?”

Anne Robinson: “Time’s up! It’s time to see who you votes as the weakest link!”

Round 5 tomorrow :smiley:

I don’t think Cloud’s gone. He’s very popular.

You’ve got me hooked, Neb. Though I still won’t watch The Weakest Link.

Since I don’t know how to insert quotes from other people yet, I’d like to respond to Valkyrie Eskers: “Probably something like Celebrity Jeopardy! In those old SNL skits. God, I loved Sean Connery in those things! ^_^”

I’ll take “S” words for 200 Alex.

Well, I think it might be Irvine, to go off next round, but that’s only a random guess. Anyway, keep it going Neb, this is pretty cool.

Originally posted by Lex
[b]You’ve got me hooked, Neb. Though I still won’t watch The Weakest Link.

Since I don’t know how to insert quotes from other people yet, I’d like to respond to Valkyrie Eskers: “Probably something like Celebrity Jeopardy! In those old SNL skits. God, I loved Sean Connery in those things! ^_^”

I’ll take “S” words for 200 Alex. [/b]

There’s a little button at the bottom of a post marked “Quote.” it’s next to Edit. Try it. And it’s swords, not “S” words.

Cloud: “Barret.”

Quistis: “Barret.”

Irvine: “Barret.”

Rikku: “Barret.”

Barret (sighing): “Rikku…”

Lulu: “Barret.”

Anne Robinson: “Cloud.”

Cloud (stoical): “Anne.”

Anne Robinson: “How much time do you spend on your hair each morning?”

Cloud: “Why?”

Audience (shocked): “Ooooooohhh!!”

Anne Robinson: “I was just wondering, is it naturally that stupid or do you have to work at it?”

Cloud (slightly offended): “What d’you mean, stupid?”

Anne Robinson: “I mean stupid, as in someone’s stuck a traffic cone on your head!”

[Cloud simply frowns while the audience laugh]

Anne Robinson: “Why Barret?”

Cloud: “He’s been struggling for a while now, I thought it’d be best if he went.”

Barret (a little shocked and hurt): “Hey!”

Anne Robinson: “Did you think he was the worst player in that round?”

Cloud: “Yes.”

Anne Robinson: “Except he wasn’t, was he, Cloud?”

Cloud: “Well who was then?”

Anne Robinson (raising screech even higher): “You were!”

[Cloud pulls a frown]

Anne Robinson: “However, it’s the votes that count. Barret! With five votes, you are the weakest link! Goodbye!”

[…and Barret takes the walk of shame]

[backstage]

Barret: “I can’t believe that little punk-ass Cloud! He’s the worst in that game and he votes ME off? What the *$@# ever happened to loyalty?”

Anne Robinson: “Round 5, and out of a possible 20 000 gil, you’ve banked a puny 4300 gil. Another ten seconds come off the clock in this round, and we’ll start with the strongest link from the previous round. That was Quistis!”

[Quistis smiles, somewhat smugly. You can almost hear Rinoa pouting backstage]

Anne Robinson: “Let’s play- the weakest link!”

Anne Robinson: “Start the Clock.”

Anne Robinson: “Quistis, how many spells are there on the contain materia?”

Quistis: “Four.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Irvine, in Spira, where are chocobo training lessons held?”

Irvine (still not taking the hint from Rikku and flirting with her something rotten): “The Calm Lands, Anne.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Rikku, what do the summoners of Madain Sari have in common with the Ronso?”

Rikku: “Horns, something they also have in common with Irvine right now.”

Anne Robinson (narrowing her eyes at Rikku): “Correct. Lulu, what colour materia was housed in the temple of the ancients?”

Lulu: “Black.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Cloud, what is the name of the mountain where the Ronso live?”

Cloud: “Bevelle.”

Anne Robinson (smug sarcasm): “No dear, Gagazet.”

[Cloud shrugs- he really couldn’t give a toss either way]

Anne Robinson: “Quistis, which item would kill an undead zombie outright if used on it? An ether or a phoenix down?”

Quistis: “A phoenix down.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Irvine, what is the name of the Al Bhed blitzball team?”

Irvine (now really cheesily grinning at Rikku): “The Psyches, Annie.”

Anne Robinson (uber-stern): “Correct, but don’t call me Annie!” (normally) “Rikku, excluding the station, how many attractions are there at the gold saucer?”

Rikku (thinking heard): “Ss… eight!”

Anne Robinson (condescendingly): “No, seven!” (normally) “Lulu, what do Edea, Adel and Ultimecia all have in common? They’re all sorceresses or they’re all airships?”

Lulu: “They’re all sorceresses.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct.” (Anne Sighs) “Cloud, complete the following trio: Laguna, Kiros and-?”

Cloud: “Ward.”

Anne Robinson (mock surprise): “Correct!” (“normal”) “Quistis, what is the name of the mayor of Midgar?”

Quistis: “Domino.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Irvine, on which floor of the Shin-ra building is the president’s office?”

Irvine: “Floor 70, Anne.”

Anne Robinson: “Of which race was NORG a member?”

Rikku (no clue whatsoever): “Umm… moogle?”

Anne Robinson: “Shumi, dear. Lulu, Lucrecia was the mother of which ex-SOLDIER?”

Lulu: “Sephiroth.”

Anne Robinson: “Correct. Cloud-”

Anne Robinson: “Time’s up, and that was your worst effort yet. A piffling, pathetic 750 gil! Who has less brains than they do clothes? Whose libido is interfering with their game? It’s time to vote off the weakest link!”

Narrator: “For the second round in a row, Quistis is statistically the strongest link. Rikku is the weakest link, although she was the only one to bank money for the team. Will this be enough to save her?”

Anne Robinson: “Voting is over! It’s time to see who you voted as the weakest link!”

Round 6 maybe tomorrow- I’m feeling a bit under the weather right now so I dunno If I can write anything :too bad; or if my PC’ll be working from one day to the next :thud: either way, I’ll see what I can do :slight_smile:

Can’t wait for the next round!:ah-ha!:

Originally posted by Neb
Narrator: “For the second round in a row, Quistis is statistically the strongest link. Rikku is the weakest link, although she was the only one to bank money for the team. Will this be enough to save her?”

I think it will, chances are that they won’t vote someone off that banks money.

This is looking great! :hahaha; Keep up the good work.

Great idea for a fic Neb. I’m looking forward to seeing some new stuff for Heritage.

When did they get a new host for The Weakest Link?

And it’s swords, not “S” words.

I know it’s Swords, but he says “S” words. Hmmm. Guess I shouldn’t’ve used quotes since that’s what they actually do.

No, the real category was “S” words, but he said swords. You had it mixed up.

Originally posted by redshuriken
When did they get a new host for The Weakest Link?

What? Where did that come from? Anne Robinson was the host when they brought it to the U.S. then they switched to that guy after a couple seasons.

And don’t double post, you can edit and add stuff into your previous one.

This is Awesome! I wanna see Lulu and Quistis on the final round…

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
No, the real category was “S” words, but he said swords. You had it mixed up.

Oh, ok.

I like it when my fanfics get read by so many people :yipee: I’m unfortunately not going to be able to post round 6 today (due to the aforementioned health problems) but rest assured, it will be up tomorrow :slight_smile:

Anne Robinson is still the host over here, in the UK, which explains why she is in this fic.

I liked the show when Anne hosted in the US. I think rikku will be one of the two finalists.