FF Origins (spoilers)

Okay, not too sure if anyone’s said anything about this yet, but i finally got mine. I love it. The graphics were good, the music was great, and i liked the changes made. It did seem easier though. I beat Chaos on the first try, with half my HP, no healing potions, and only a few healing spells. Here’s how i beat him, after two rounds of attack magic, i said “screw it” attack magic is a BAD idea against Chaos. So what i did then was concentrated on building up my Knight, and then building up my Ninja. Well, i finally got my Knight to be super powerful, and my Ninja was pretty strong too, but not as.

Then BAM. my white mage and black mage get wiped out in one move.

So there i was, with nothing but a knight and a ninja to fight Choas !! What have i got to lose, i say, so i attack like a treeed ratcoon. Then he knocks my Ninja down… Just a knight left.

So i attacka nd attack, and it was down to the last round, either Chaos was gonna kill me or i was gonna kill Choas… and… i killed Choas !! WHAM POW !!!

FF2 was alot funner too. They also made the skills easier to learn. I havnt beat this one yet, but i will someday, when i can find some more free time… I also like the pictures of Maria… she not bad…

You can make that “some day” a lot sooner. IMO FF2 was the shortest FF ever. I ripped through it after only leveling up abilities at the begining of the game.

It’s great that you enjoyed and beat FF I, and it’s thoughtful that you warned that there might be spoilers in your post, but there weren’t really. Thinking about it, since the only bit of plot in FF I is “Revive the power of the ORBS” and save the world, there’s not much of anything to spoil to start with. I don’t think I could stand to play FFII long enough to beat it. I tried, thought it was the worst FF ever, but that’s just my opinion.

You have to take the time it was made into account demi. I agree that the leveling system was pretty bad but I think the length of the game disturbed me even more. To me it was way shorter that the first game.

I liked the opening FMV’s for each game. I liked the change in the graphics, however I prefer the old-school NES graphics. FF2 was pretty crappy. I hated how you “leveled up”. That was annoying as hell. I think they should have included FF3 in Origins as well. Then there would have been 2 good games in Origins.

I am SO waiting for Squenix to publish FF3 in the states so I can have console versions of every single FF made (minus MQ and the GB games, I mean the numbered ones).

yeah, i was wondering when/how they were going to release FF3. They CANT release it alone, and how many more games do they got that they can release it with ?

I like FF2. It doesent seem that short to me. I just freed Phin(still using Neo Demiforce names) and it seems to drag on forever. I love the storyline, i dont have much proiblem with the leveling system except that my characters are extremely weak with all magic except healing. I liked Gordon. Leila is nice too.

The reason i marked my title as spoilers was because there is a good chance spoilers could be mentioned.

I was actually kinda disappointed with FF1… It just might be me, but I thought that after all the trolling around, levelling up, and finally beating all the bosses, you might be left with some amazing finishing cutscene or something…

I found the game kinda tedious, compared to most other RPG’s… Not to say it wasn’t good though… just repetitive.

I’ll say the same thing I said to demigod. You have to take when the game was made FrownGuppy. The game was repetitive because it didn’t have any sidequests. It did set the basics for one of the greatest RPG series though.

I understand that… and the fact that it did sprawn the basis of probably one of (if not ‘the’) the best game genres ever… but on the remake version, it would have been nice to have been rewarded with a fancy cutscene or something at the end. Seeing as a lot of people who would have played this remake game, would have done so for the first time.

are the levels in the FF1 remake proportionate to the levels in the nes version, i remember in the nes version, if you were at level 30 by the end of the game, you whopped the crap out of chaos…

Frown Guppy, your expectations were to high, this is a NES game here. Strangely, I don’t find it any more repetative than any of the other FF games.

Bahamut, I don’t really think it being that old affected my opinions of FF II. My biggest gripe is the leveling. If they used that system in any of the newer games, I’d hate that game just as much. I and III are right at the top of my list, followed by X and IX. Plot is good, but gameplay is most important.

I’d really like to see FF5j be translated (well) and brought over to NA, It was one of my favs. Anyways I recently picked up a copy of FF Origins, I was not too impressed with FF1, but I enjoyed FF2 as I had nto played it before, I admit some of the features were strange. But strangeness appeals in a oddly strange way ::dekar!:: .

I’m not sure what you mean by “well” YWE. You mean you didn’t like the FF Anthologies version?

Demigod, I see your point. I totally agree with you that the leveling system sucked. I just feel you have to take into account that the series was very young and Square was trying something new. It didn’t pan out but you can’t blame them for trying.

I suppose so. They like trying out new ideas, and that’s part of what makes the series good; the games aren’t repeats of each other.

Yeh, but they could have had a good cutscene at the end… its not that much to ask is it? Fair enough keeping the game the same, but this is the remake… they’re allowed to add in extras like that.

What were the rewards for finishign it “more than once” ? i just got .Hack//infection, so i wont be getting into any FF’s for a while…

Originally posted by Born_Loser
What were the rewards for finishign it “more than once” ? i just got .Hack//infection, so i wont be getting into any FF’s for a while…

3D stills of what seems like the opening cutscene.

Originally posted by FrownGuppy
Yeh, but they could have had a good cutscene at the end… its not that much to ask is it? Fair enough keeping the game the same, but this is the remake… they’re allowed to add in extras like that.

Yeah, I agree. Something really should have been added in the ending.

Originally posted by Born_Loser

Good times man, just be sure to look at my shrine when you’re playing Mutation. (Sorry, had to do a shameless plug there.)