FF.Net... why we l0vE it so....

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1528188&chapter=44

scroll down to the bottom and Gasp

CoughCough Lady Marmalade!?!?!?!? CoughCough

THIS… THIS IS WHY I STOPPED WRITING AT FF.NET!!! :fungah: that and a severe case of LazeeNuS Infiniticus…

What the…!?! The stupidity is overwhelming.

For once I’m glad for the lack of details; I can avoid imagining what is exactly going on and, more importantly, what they’re wearing.

Any story that describes the noises Zell makes during (how can I put this nicely?)…crucial moments, has got to be bad. And don’t even get me started about script format. And for once, the lack of description in a fic is actually a godsend.

And I can’t believe there are people out there who like this. There are quite a few good reviews.

I have no idea whether I’m more disgusted at the author for writing this kind of crap, or the reviewers that like it. :thud:

Kill 'em all… Kill 'em all…

Squall: >slaps his forehead< I didn’t need to know that.

Couldn’t agree more. How on Earth someone lays down 59, 59 for shitey bollocking sake, chapters? I’m surprised their brain hasn’t fallen out of my nose :thud:

However, it would explain a great many things…

I guess it just goes to show you that all the people that SHOULDN’T be writing have the motivation to write, and those who should be writing fanfiction have writer’s block. 8)

Yeah, that’s because those that have even the smallest bit of true writing talent, need to come with original ideas, Which is harder then it sounds.

All the shit ones, just put up whatever the hell falls out of their arse. And call it fanfiction.

This is why I don’t read fan fiction at all.

yeah, I can’t stand ANY fanfiction. Good or bad, I just can’t stand it.

Nononononononononononono.

Damn me and my curiousity… >_< :fungah:

Deleted!

This is why I gave the name “FF.Net drone” to anyone who posted this kind of crap.

…Ew.
I don’t get it, crap like that gets reviews by the barrelfull, but the real quality fics get like, no reviews. >.<
Dear Lord…
:eek:

I know. With the exception of a few great fics out there, it seems like all the good ones get overlooked/buried underneath the not so good ones. It’s hard coming up with original ideas sometimes. I wish there were an alternative to FFnet - some place not so big, so busy.

I hate to nit pick, but you’re writing Fan Fiction… originality isn’t really in your repetoire.

Don’t say that, Sorc, a lot of fanfiction has very high litterature value. It’s just that most of them aren’t seen beneath everything else. :stuck_out_tongue:

And hi Aliena, how have you been?

Originally posted by Sorcerer
I hate to nit pick, but you’re writing Fan Fiction… originality isn’t really in your repetoire.

Ouch. The truth is always the worst.

You’re kidding me, right? Your view of “originality” is pretty small, then. Do you honestly feel you can’t have an original story that people haven’t overdone to death even when you’re using certain characters for fanfiction?

Example (not original) - Something happens and Aeris is resurrected and Cloud is forced to choose whether he loves her or Tifa.

Example (original) - Barrett gets a job in a Golden Saucer sideshow because of his freakish gun arm. Hilarity ensues.

Example (not original) - Quistis and Seifer have a love/hate thing going on, something happens, they’re forced to go on a mission together, they fall in love.

Example (original) - Seifer and Ellone start spending time together because they share an interest in chocobos. You think something’s going to happen between them when Ellone decides Seifer’s too much like a brother and she decides to get a job in outer space to distance herself from him.

Example (not original) - Yuna misses Tidus. A songfic is written about it.

Example (original) - Wakka has been having feelings for Shelinda…he thinks she’s cute. But he gets his heart broken because she’s too religious. He goes, pours himself into blitzball, playing almost violently, gets conked in the head, and his ability to breath under water gives out and he drowns.

lol…ok, so maybe those ideas aren’t that great, but you still get the point. You CAN write an original story (one that hasn’t been written by hundreds of other writers) for fanfiction. Just because you have an original setting and original characters, doesn’t mean your story is original either. I’ve read several books where the storyline seemed done before. Classic example - David Eddings Bhelliom (did I spell that right?) series was like reading Lord of the Rings! Same with Guy Gavriel Kay’s Fionavar series (though I did enjoy that one). They had original characters and settings, but the elements of the story had been done before. Not original.

Some authors tend to repeat the same storyline…my favorite author, Harlan Coben, does this. Granted, I still love the way he writes, but his stories are all very similar. Robin Cook - your standard, run of the mill medical thriller. Fun to read, but they don’t stand out in originality. I read a great book called “The Eyre Affair” by Jasper Fforde - it was the most original story I had ever read, but because it had characters from Jane Eyre in it, is it not considered original anymore? The sequel, “Lost in a Good Book” had characters from Great Expectations…again, I would never have thought of a storyline like that in a million years, but because it included those other characters, does it lose its originality?

So if your definition of original is only original settings and characters, you might want to redefine it. Truth shmooth!

BTW - By your definition, I do have originality in my repertoire…I’m working on 2 novels right now. :ulty:

Originally posted by AlienaRose
I read a great book called “The Eyre Affair” by Jasper Fforde - it was the most original story I had ever read, but because it had characters from Jane Eyre in it, is it not considered original anymore? The sequel, “Lost in a Good Book” had characters from Great Expectations…again, I would never have thought of a storyline like that in a million years, but because it included those other characters, does it lose its originality?

I got the entire series of those books for Christmas, and I’ve just been pushed about 6 steps closer to reading them very soon indeed :hahaha;

And I couldn’t agree more- fanfiction is all about originality- admittedly, much of the stuff I wrote borrowed heavily from everything else, fortunately my twisted imagination was able to mould it into something (I hope at the very least) passable. There are great fanfiction stories out there, waiting to be read- admittedly, it’s like finding diamonds amongst the site at ff.net, but for crying out loud, people, that’s what the RPGC archive is here for- need I remind you that Weiila, TD and Maz are not exactly soft touches, they don’t allow any old crap into the archives.

Read “Scenes from a parallel universe” and then try to disagree with me :mwahaha: :cool: