FF History

We know all the games - but it is still a cool read =)

Or you could check out the Release Info page on the FFC, which has all the same info.

Why does that site keep jumping back and forth between American and Japanese release dates? :moogle:

They didn’t mention the MSX port of Final Fantasy! Blasphemy!

Originally posted by Dark Paladin
Why does that site keep jumping back and forth between American and Japanese release dates? :moogle:

Well maybe they wanted to put them in a little thing called CHRONOLOGICAL order! Many places do that, so that people can easily see in what order they were released.

WTF is MSX ?

Originally posted by Born_Loser
WTF is MSX ?

I know that MSX was the name of Microsoft’s first game system (yes that’s right, MS made a system before the Xbox).

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but I must ask it because I am really confused on all the whole subject. How excatly does the FF series go. For US that is. For instance that FF1 is the same for US and Japan, but FF2 was two diffrent games. Any help is greatly appericated.

FF1 is same for both

FF2 US is FFIV in Japan - the “easy” version was what was released in America. If you get the one on Playstation you get the orignal version of it and it is MUCH harder

FF3 US is FFVI in Japan

FFVII and up are same for both although Japanese get xtra stuff like FFX International and FFX-2 International + Last Mission.

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
I know that MSX was the name of Microsoft’s first game system (yes that’s right, MS made a system before the Xbox).

Ehhhh, not quite. MSX was a category of home computers based on the Z80 processor, and its standard was produced as a collaboration between ASCII and Microsoft. The actual machines themselves were produced by several companies (just like PCs are today). So, the MSX could never be called a game system any more than the laptop I’m typing on now could.

Also, I might as well mention to Jakanden that FF2US has several differences with FF4ET, so one could not rightfully call them the same game (just like one differentiates between FF2US and FF4)

Or you could check out the Release Info page on the FFC, which has all the same info.

Originally posted by Hiryuu

Also, I might as well mention to Jakanden that FF2US has several differences with FF4ET, so one could not rightfully call them the same game (just like one differentiates between FF2US and FF4)

/shrug - everything i have seen shows them to be pretty much the same game with the normal differences between american and japanese releases