FF Anniversary

FF1 and 2 for PSP is coming to North America for anybody who really cares.
(I’ve bought the game enough times already)

FF1 / June 26 / E10
FF2 / July 24/ T
And they want $30 apiece.
Um, and it’s bilingual (English/Japanese (and with kana or kanji). Oh yeah!

I may get them when there Cheaper but Am happy with Diffent Copys I have
:toast:

There’s no way in heck I’d even think about getting these. I didn’t enjoy it the first time through, and the fourth time through won’t get any better. -_-

While I’m sure that Squeenix has done there best to add cutscenes that hardly bear any resemblence to the game and the characters within along with extending the lenght of the load times, my desire for this (the fifth generation of FFs 1 & 2) is hindered by the fact that I do not own a PSP, and it is further hindered by the fact that I do not want one either.

Let’s hope they re-release FF1&2 soon.

If by chance I ever come into possession of a PSP (that is, without actually paying for one), I’d probably pick it up. The PSX versions were pretty nice, epecially as far as music goes, but the GBA ones had extra material. I assume the PSP version combines these two things?

Plus new graphics and another bonus dungeon, I believe.

The graphics for the PSP version ARE completely new (<a href=“http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff1psp/screens/ff1pspss041707-1.html”>FF1</a> and <a href=“http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff2psp/screens/ff2pspss041707-1.html”>FF2</a>)

I’d need to see what type of bonus material they add to the game, though. Also, I wish they’d release them together, since they did for the PSX and GBA. It’s kind of a step backward to release them seperately now.

I might actually believe that there isn’t enough room on one UMD for both games. The backgrounds look quite gorgeous, and the sprites are amazingly clear. It’s a shame the characters still look like super-deformed dolls.

I can’t imagine a more squandered opportunity at celebrating the 20th anniversary. If they were gonna remake it, they could’ve remade the HELL out of it. Something like FFXII, cutscenes, story, graphics. Package it with a history book and soundtrack, maybe a collectors doohickie. But this is such a waste.

They did cutscenes with the PSX version using Nomura’s designs. >_< They’ll probably put them back in just to further overexert the PSP thus creating load times superior in size compared to even the PSX version.

Still, these are the most purddy version of the games yet.

How many bosses must a man beat down
Before you call it a day?
Yes, ‘n’ how many bridges must a white mage cross
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, ‘n’ how many times must we buy the same games
Before they’re abandoned at last?
The answer, my friend, is blowin’ in the wind,
The answer is blowin’ in the wind.

How many years can a game exist
Before it’s washed to the sea?
Yes, ‘n’ how many years can some char’cters exist
Before they’re allowed to be free?
Yes, ‘n’ how many times can a man turn his head,
Pretending he enjoys what he sees?
The answer, my friend, is blowin’ in the wind,
The answer is blowin’ in the wind.

Yeah I know they did. That’s not the point.