FBI: Gangs have infiltrated every branch of the military

I see, thanks. Stay safe.

Well after you leave the army, you can make six figures at a private military firm. Not a bad gig unless you get injured, in which case you’re in deep shit. Do you know anyone who’s gone that route?

I’ve known a few people who have taken that route, and I will say that they generally look for the more elite combat types, such as sniper qualifications, Ranger, Special Forces, etc. Your admin guy who sat behind a desk for four years isn’t gonna land that job.

I guess I’m a bitch ass dude for not signing the hell up to participate in perpetuating the commitment of senseless violence in one of the many wars currently underway. Fortunately, according to Fox News, there’s well over a dozen wars running concurrently at the moment. Perhaps I should sign up for the War on Women currently raging at the moment. I could be violent and sexist at the same time.

Sarcasm aside though, I can understand and am willing to fight for something I believe in. What I don’t believe in is the sole measurement of a man being determined by their capacity to kill someone. Namely, because it’s easy as hell to kill a person (just walk up behind someone with a loaded gun and blow their brains out: bonus points if you’re white and the person you blow away is black and wearing a hoodie), and I find greater worth in being able to control my murderous impulses and sociopathic tendencies than to indulge in them. Plus, I feel like what we should be really doing is bettering humanity, or at the very least, providing tools for future generations to use to better humanity; even if it means shifting the battlefields from the Middle East to Mars. (Though I’m perfectly willing to concede the point that one of those tools is a safe and prosperous environment protected from those who’d seek humanity’s fall back into feudalistic societies.)

Besides, I find it funny that we’re sending all the ‘real men’ to die instead of to where the women are to make more ‘real men’.

Well here’s the dealio, the other part of deployment that shows how much of a “real man” you are is the fact that it’s not very similar to what most people think of when they think of a warzone. I’ve never killed a single person, although many have tried to kill me and failed. There have been cases where it would have been completely within my legal rights (back when the ROE was a bit looser) to smoke someone, but I’d have been wrong for doing so, so I didn’t. I have, however, been a part of building multiple hospitals and schools as well as delivering medical supplies, school supplies, and just general provisions to those who cannot supply for themselves. If you truly follow the opinion that you stated, it seems to me that you speak of things as seen from a biased media perspective instead of a first hand perspective; I recommend going out and talking to some veterans who have served overseas and using well rounded questions in order to seek the truth of things.

The modern conflicts as well as the way they are being handled is nothing similar at all to the all out free for all’s of the past. Not one bit.

Alright. I just wanted clarification on your stance beyond the last part of your previous post since it came off in a “fighting makes you better than thou” sort of way.

To a certain degree, I do believe that being ready and willing to fight does indeed make one more of a man than those who aren’t willing, and you have to be at least willing to do so in order to go and do the noncombat aspects of being a Soldier. If you aren’t ready and willing to fight, anyone can come by and take whatever it is that you’ve worked hard to earn and gain, as well as do harm to you and those around you. Many people in our society fall into this category, and I have absolutely zero respect for them. Also, if there weren’t Soldiers such as myself ready and willing to volunteer to go fight, those noncombat missions that I mentioned before never would have taken place, and the good that came from them never would have happened.

lol wtf are you even talking about? jesus, people like you are what makes the world a terrible place

fyi if i had the chance to kill someone and get away with it i most definitely would take it

edit: also, what if i challenged you to a duel? a manly man’s fight, no weapons and if I win i get to take and do whatever i want with everything you care about/stand up for/blahblahblah and if you win you like keep your honor or something. i show up with a stiletto and stab you in the guts

…What? 0_o That didn’t even make the minimal amount of sense necessary for me to form a meaningful reply, try again.

omg varan how dare you blow off ramza’s drug-addled condescending bravado like that

If this was Facebook, I’d have clicked the Like button.

I bet you’d let someone take a shit in your mouth for drugs.

Depends on how much of what drugs

Seriously though I know that probably the only way to even approach world peace is to conquer the entire planet so we either need to get on that or just stop. I do suppose the middle east would be a logical first step though

Oh yeah? Well how do you divide it up afterwords? You can’t exactly take it with you and without political competition the people at the top aren’t even last past a generation before gross corruption, incompetence, and negligence sets in.

Man I am just baffled at people. People in general. dunning-kruger effect covers the world

Why do you keep using that term? I do not believe it means what you think it means.

Violence, armies, soldiers and the like have existed since just about the beginning of human society, yet respect for people’s right to own property has really only existed since the rule of law and more generally democratic or representative governments have come into power. Not saying a certain ability to protect and defend yourself plays no role, but only when armies and the rulers that command them are severely constrained and limited in their roles do they actually serve as a beneficial force in protecting people’s rights rather than taking them away.

What I’m saying is basically that 984 is the greatest defender of freedom and liberty on these boards.

I am the safety mechanism in the machine which prevents it from going out of control and killing everyone.

I would contend that The 984 is the greatest defender of freedom and liberty on these boards, insolent cur.

nah. and i mean nah in the most extraordinary sense i could possibly mean. extraordinarily ordinary.