Favourite Music (Real thread)

Why did I forget teh Dark Messenger? ;_;

Originally posted by Sephiroth Hayes
Cala, Otherworld was by Rammstein.

I dunno why, but I doubt that.

it wasnt by uematsu, but it wasnt by rammstein either…

I’ve heard “Otherworld” was by Rob Zombie… I think… That’s the one that plays in the first blitzball FMV, right? doesn’t know her song titles very well

Out of the list you have, I’d have to pick “To Zanarkand.” Prettypretty. But you’re missing Liberi Fatali. ;_;

I read somewhere it was by Rammstein and it doesn’t sound like Rob.

According to RPGFan:

In a serious departure from the norm, the song “Otherworld” is a hybrid Rämmstein-Megadeth sounding heavy-metal track arranged by Uematsu himself.

As for the actual vocalist, I read it somewhere, but I’ll have to look for it.

*edit: And here’s what I found in a faq for the soundtrack:

and the song “Otherworld”, the performer is Bill “xtillidiex” Muir, but is composed and arranged by Nobuo Uematsu. And Lyrics is written by Alexander O. Smith.

Yeah Rob Zombie and Rammstein have nothing to do with that song, other than being possible influences in writing the song.

The FF6 Airship theme (Setzer’s theme) is one of my favourites, and well as “Decisive Battle”. I actually learned how to play “Decisive Battle” on the piano; its fast and makes you jump around the keys like a madman. Sounds cool though.

I also got a neat arrangement the FF7 Airship music. Whoever wrote the transposition did a fine job, and the chordal structure is very nice… I haven’t gotten around to fully learning it yet though.

I will point out that I only put songs on there that are from the FF’s I’ve played, 4,5,7,8,9 and 10, and a bit of 6.

1. You are not Alone! (FFIX)
  2. Cosmo Canyon (FFVII)
  3. FFVIII Whatever was playing at the part of FFVIII where Fuijin and Raijin quit Seifer’s posse. Can anyone help me out here? What’s it called?

Vivi’s theme from FFIX was awesome!! Also One Winged Angel was badass!! I loved the FFVI music…WHY ISNT THERE MORE OF IT!!! :enguard:

Cid’s theme in FF7.

Out of that list, probably Kefka’s theme, unless Memories of Life isn’t what I think it is?

What is Memories of Life? Which game’s it from? I’m pretty sure its either Rydia’s theme from 4, or Terra’s from 6, and if it’s the latter I just might change my answer here

And I also like Liberi Fatali, and quickly noticed it’s absence from this list. :noway:

I did say I didn’yt have enough space for them all. Melodies of life is the ending theme from FFIX.