Favorite RPGC memory?

I think we’re all grown up now, even Orakio! I think it’d be fun to retrace some of our favorite memories. I started posting at RPGC when I was 12, that was fifteen years ago. With respect, what’s your favorite RPGC memory? I say with respect because I was typically the source of problems, especially between ages 15-17.

Mine was all the games we used to play together. All the hours of Starcraft! I remember I started playing stoned and I stopped getting invited :stuck_out_tongue:
Diablo II was a big one as well. MegaManX2K and I got into a permanant tiff about something in D2, and I couldn’t stand Ramza for the typical, overly aggressive and cookie cutter methods he employed in Starcraft.

Beating up on Orakio was a good deal of fun, for me personally. Sorry Starbird but you were an easy target :x The day I noticed the phallic nature of one of your avatars was like Christmas. I remember being so proud of the lulz I got for that. I remember meeting Merlin and Mazrim Taim in Boston and bringing it up to Merlin in person. He just kind of sighed and shook his head and asked “why? you know this makes my life more difficult, right”? So what’s your fondest memory? I have a lot (where’s Zero? BOOBLIGHTS MOTHAFUCKA)

RPGCali. Full stop.

Or the time Sorc agreed to meet me at a local mall then didn’t show up, so I was standing around like a goober for 15-30 minutes. And got a speeding ticket. Asshole.

I do not remember this lol.

RPGCali meets were definitely the best. I still have the photos of Zepp making fun of my for going to THE NERD STORE (i.e Gamestop), memories of me and Kero going to C.P.K together (yes, it was romantic as fuck), a lot of retarded moments with me, Kero, and ClothHat (whom I kept in touch with for a long time after that), and, of course, the final RPGCali meet, with Zepp going to the hospital, me and 984 doing a live mailbag, and playing a a HUGE game of capture the flag in a park late at night.

Otherwise, there was definitely all the Starcraft we played together, and then when we got tired of playing normal SC, we started playing the ridiculous User Maps. We’d spend fuckin’ hours playing that shit every day, and I remember Sinistral used to kick the crap out of me and Kagon. There was one time I was speccing a game between Sin and Kag, and I said “It would be really funny if Sin massed Vultures to win”, and he messaged me back privately like, “You have no idea how right you are” and proceeded to kill Kagon’s forces with tons of Spider Mines in the most hilarious ways.

There are definitely some other great ones, but I gotta run across town right now. I like this idea for a thread!

Sorc: I have no hard feelings towards you. I know I was an easy target. I did that to myself by being so naive and so opinionated, as well as blind to a lot of things (including that sprite which I still have stashed away somewhere… << >> I get a kick out of how I never realized it before I posted it. it was so obvious.)

I took a lot of pride in the shrines I created, but even after that it wasn’t my favorite moment. It’s hard to pick the best moments. I liked being a part of RPGC Squares and RPGC Match Game. I liked working on midi files and getting advice from Skankin’ Garbage (or SG the Musician as he was forced to change his name at some point or another). I liked trying to entertain people with a blatant FARTS ripoff. Though I originally left on a bad note, I had learned a lot from my few years here and I have had a lot of time to reflect on it. If it weren’t for Get Wise and testing my creative waters, I wouldn’t be an author today… though the popularity of Get Wise and the popularity of Survivors of Vullah are about the same :smiley:

But, I think my favorite moments were the time I was chat moderator. I had a script that I would use when I kicked somebody (or something like that) that would play the sound file for the Zeeky H Bomb. So many booms.

My top 3 would be the RPGC meets, StarCraft and winning the rebellion, with the epic final battle when Jim accessed the server and changed the password while I was still logged in.

I still remember that 1 game SG mentioned. It was glorious. I harassed Kagon’s expansions with vultures and split the map with tanks and goliaths at the choke in the middle. Kagon burrowed all his units across the bridge, mostly hydras, as a trap for when I’d be forced to unsiege and cross. Instead, I sent a vulture, placed a mine within range of the tanks and the mine detonated on a hydra. The damage forced it to unburrow, the tanks fired on it and it led to progressive waves of hydras unborrowing from the splash as the tanks fired on everything. I finished things off by killing all the OLs with Valkyries. It was a ton of fun with Zero, Hiei, Mr Saturn, Rast, Onion Kid, Shaggy and many others.

I remember when we had a party at Ravin’s house while his parents were away. We were playing F Zero on N64 and they were on a hard map and Ravin was way behind. I declared that if Ravin won, I would give him a blowjob. Through a series of events combined with luck and other players’ inexperience, Ravin found himself in the lead. I was sipping orange soda on a white cloth couch and laughed when I noticed I might be forced to uphold my challenge. Then I choked on my soda, which caused Ravin to panic! He didn’t want me to mess up the couch with uncleanable orange soda and trash the place while the parents were gone (COUGH). With poor word choice, he commanded me to “SWALLOW! SWALLOW!!”, which of course only made things worse and everyone was rolling on the floor laughing. Thankfully this distraction was sufficient to make him lose.

lol Sinistral… I want to come up with something witty to say to that… but I cannot top that

I never got to be as involved in RPGC as any of you guys, nor as much as I’d have liked, so I didn’t get to have as many memories :confused:

My “favourite” would be the time I met Setz. He was a pimply faced dork in a hawaiian shirt who ran after his girlfriend after less than a minute, and then proceeded to badmouth me on the forums because he was intimidated by the fact that I was wearing a leather jacket.

:v

Obviously Rirse’s whatever thing, where he made hilarious dialogue between characters while taking a strong stance against having verbs or basic grammar involved in anything he wrote.

Choice quotes such as “where mario at” will stay with me forever.

But seriously, there’s like a new drama every couple of months. That forum was endless entertainment.

Amazing content I remember off the top of my head:

• MegamanX2K every 3 months
  • MegamanX2K every 2 months since he became a staffer
  • MegamanX2K every month since he realizes becoming a staffer doesn’t mean you suddenly become important or influential in any way
  • Hades every month
  • The whole Wertigon shit show - mostly in the staff forum, he wanted (CORRECTLY MIGHT I ADD) to standardize coding for the website and literally no one thought he was right except me because it was too much work and now we have a dead site lol - although to be fair he wasn’t too good at presenting his arguments
  • Valkyrie Esker transforms from an innocent little girl to a handsome young man and this upsets many people
  • Mazrim writes like he’s high all the time
  • Orakio suffers major depression and hits on chris-chris
  • Orian continues acting like a dick
  • Sir Percival continues writing like a HONOURABLE MEDIAEVAL KNIGHT in a non-ironic way
  • Setz writes about some gross stuff no one cares about
  • Quina fantasizes an amazing ultimate RPG while being 12 years old and Cid and I spend 50 pages trying to crush his dreams
  • Not drama, but I 1v1 Kagon in Brood War and he beats me by just massing zealots. I could probably beat him now but OH MY GOD THAT WAS SO LAME
  • zeppelin falls under the influence of Chairman Mao, more importantly THIS ENTIRE THREAD http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?30779-Help-zeppelin-Chinese-Internet-Dating
  • Original Eat the Hippo thread (Ezboards) isn’t there anymore but this is a close 2nd in terms of amazingness http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?24724-Join-my-army
  • Tower of Babel (Ezboards)
  • Sin gets a medical degree and everyone congratulates him
  • I get a medical degree and no one cares (jk I didn’t tell anyone plus Sin is a DOUBLE DOCTOR HOW CAN I TOP THAT)
  • Sephiroth Katana tells Hades the relative merits and drawbacks of getting a sex change operation
  • I get two of my friends to make some shrines but they can’t take the drama
  • Everyone flames Wilfredo once in a while for being 50 years old and hanging out with us 16 year olds
  • Ackbar and I have a speed typing contest at 120+ WPM
  • 984 kicks everyone from the chat because someone calls him a poo-poo head (which is he btw)

ah yes, that drama. lol… Chris-chris and I did get to meet but things didn’t work out as these sort of things tend not to. I did try to apologize to her later in life but that didn’t go over very well. I did suffer from major depression even into my first marriage… though I still have bouts with it every now and then, I’m in a better place with a better woman in my life.

still… I want to go back in time and kick my teenage self in the balls. I could have saved myself and a lot of other people a lot of facepalming.

I think if we beat ourselves up over stupid shit we wrote over the years, everyone would end up in the intensive care unit

Except maybe SK our resident polisci PhD, that guy oozed sophistication in his writing, although he could be a Dorito-exclusive diet neckbeard or a magic adventure-having little girl for all I know

this just shows how used to facebook I am these days… I keep looking for the “Like” button.

Actually, this turned out to be pretty funny, after we hijacked the thread’s original purpose to talk about coloring books:

http://agora.rpgclassics.com/showthread.php?30543-You-guys-suck-congrats!-(A-Dissertation-on-Coloring-Books)/page2

SK actually ended up having 2 masters and a PhD in operations research (applied math) from a prestigious university, not polysci, much to my surprise. I guess an amazing moment in RPGC history was my showing SK around Montreal and him showing me around his new home state, where he was shocked to see a child on a leash.

The W3C phenomenon was hilarious in retrospect. Fuck that was painful. The more meaningful conversion was the switch to wiki that never happened. We missed the collective boat on that one.

And christ there was a lot of drama around this community.

Yeah, no kidding. That’s really when I started to stay back and just talk to people I knew. There ended up being all this relationship drama, it was crazy and I really wouldn’t have expected it. Things like Valkyrie Esker only pretending to be a girl was over the top for sure, but due to my admittedly sometimes hostile nature I generally tried to avoid people like Setz. I knew I’d just get myself banned. Again.

But that behind the scenes had-to-be-there relationship stuff is pretty crazy when you think about it.

Valk was a guy the whole time? Wow… shows how much I’ve missed.

Yup. At this time I was involved in an online FPS community, and that kind of thing was common. I feel like there was someone else who did the same thing here, but I think I’m just confusing this with the FPS community, where it happened many times across 8 years.

edit: SG that coloring book thread is hilarious. I seemed to have missed things too.

While I missed out on some of the more turbulent haps/Starcraft, I do recall a few odd thread not listed above.

• the Hello All thread.
  • Sabin’s Joe Sixpack and Soccer Moms thread.
  • Ramza’s drug addled break down.
  • Anything involving GunSlingerGuy (who was at one point renamed CumSlingerGuy).
  • And dGalloway and Wilfredo’s in depth lessons into the history of comic books.

!kb ClessAlvein

Edit: And Sorc, we were going to meet at Cumberland twice. From reviewing my old PMs (BECAUSE OF COURSE I SAVED EVERYTHING) first time I had to cancel because of some medical emergency room shit. Second time we were going to meet, you no-showed. At least I had the decency to cancel. >:O

Edit 2: I had forgotten about that Coloring Book thread. Man I was pulling so much pscyho-analysis out of my ass. Right during 1L finals time too. I must have absolutely hated studying at that time.

Too much nostalgia. I missed out on so much.