Favorite Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli Flick?

Of all of the ones I’ve seen, I’d have to say that I liked Grave of the Fireflies or Princess Mononoke the best.

I also enjoyed the Nausicaa manga.

Phoenix! You’re back! :smiley: Where’d you go?

Also, Nausicaa was a manga? Cool. O_o

If I told you where I went, I’d have to kill you. ^___^

Yeah, I could only find Nausicaa in manga form - the books are slightly larger and also slightly more expensive than other manga. I’d suggest reading it at the store. Not that I’d do such a thing. >_>

did you know in the dubbed version of princess mononoke billy bob thorton was the voice of the crazy monk ish guy with the awesome shoes who was the leadr of the people tring to steal the head of the deer god or whatever… it made me laugh that he did the voice for that

That makes no sense. Ok. How bou this “This is just my opinion, you may disagree with me, and if you do, thats ok I totally respect that, but I think I like this movie the best”

Actually, that doesnt work either.

I’m going to probably say Mononoke… Of course, in possibly the most boneheaded move in anime history, I accidentally taped over half my copy of Mononoke with footage of me playing Perfect Dark. Yeah, that’s right, Perfect Dark… And I’ve never taped myself playing video games on a VCR… EVER. I must have accidentally pressed the record button before I started playing one day…-_-

Or does Grave of the Fireflies count? It’s not a Miyazaki film, but I believe Studio Ghibli was responsible for it. Now THAT is a fantastic movie. I got to watch it in a Japanese history class I took a couple years ago. At the beginning, most of the students were confused as to why we were going to watch a cartoon in a college level history class, but by the end, a good number of the students were moved to tears. Other than the Tiny Toons movie (of course), it is probably my favorite animated motion picture, and that says a lot for me.

Wasn’t Ghibli also responsible for Porko Rosso? Now there’s a film with a Vision. :smiley:

And Yeah Crino. Kind surprised me to hear his hill-billy-like tones coming from a monk. Although I quite liked him, along with most of the Mononoke voices.

And I’ve never seen Grave. I’d like to one day. :frowning:

Yeah, Porco Rosso was a Miyazaki joint.
Grave was done at studio ghibli.

those who care, can see who did what at www.nausicaa.net

I meant it as a seperate statement, not pertaining to this thread, but just cause Ive wanted to say it for a while.

Problem with favorite is this: Every time theres a “Whats you favorite ****?” thread, people end up arguing the thread to death because (like I said above) they can’t grasp the concept of favorite being someones opinion and thus they try to say someone is stupid for not sharing thier “favorite”.

At least we just argue, some people from ancient times have gone to war over crap like this :mwahaha:

True that… However, at least with war, one side wins eventually… lol

Yes.

I’m not sure were I heard this but it’s so true:

Arguing in the web is like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, you are still retarded.