Favorite Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli Flick?

I’ve been on quite a Ghibli kick lately. After watching the godly Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, I made it a point to hunt down as many studio ghibli films as I could. Miyazaki-the whole studio, really-are geniuses plain and simple. So what is your favorite Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli movie? Mine is, hands down, Nausicaa, with Spirited Away a very close second. Followed by Castle in the Sky.

Mononoke

How can you make me choose?! My first anime movie EVER was "My Neighbor Totoro, then I saw “Kiki’s Delivery Service”! Now that I’ve seen all of the except the “Naisacca…whatever” I couldn’t choose…

I’ve only seen Spirited Away. So… that’s my favorite Miyazaki movie so far.

Mononoke. I throught Spirited Away was very good, but not on the same level. Plus Mononoke had Gillian Anderson voicing a giant talking wolf. :smiley:

Mononoke Hime (Yes, I know some people think it’s overrated)

Kiro: It’s “Nausicaa of The Wind Valley” and it’s pretty good, you should consider watching it.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is the literal translation. I know, cos there’s two “no’s” in the japanese title, indicating two forms of possession.

anyone see Porko Rosso? Its about an italian pig that flys a plane or something… I kinda want to see that one

It’s… okay I guess. I didn’t like it that much.

Not yet. Strangely though, I’m in no hurry to. I’ll still get it when Disney releases that, totoro and nausicaa in feburary.

I just downloaded PomPoko, and from what i’ve seen, it’s a strange one. It’s like Watership Down with Tanuki instead of bunny rabbits.

I know, I just can’t find it anywhere.

you could find it at a Sam Goody

My Neighbor Totoro
Grave of The Fireflies
KiKis Delivery Service

Dragon already gave me a place to downlosd it, but thanks anyways!

It’s not domestically released yet.

Even if it was, you would be better off getting it at best buy since Samgoody, Suncoast, etc likes to rape you of your precious hard earned cash. 30 dollars for anime… FUCK. THAT.

While everything Miyazaki has done is great, my favorite will always the Anime series CONAN THE FUTURE BOY. I got to see the whole thing dubbed into Spanish, and it was certainly a fun and endearing show- kinda like Dragonball originally was (except not as screwy, of course.) ^^

Just watched Whisper of the Heart.

Nausicaa-1
Whisper of the Heart
Spirited Away

In that order.

I quite liked it. It wasn’t too thought provoking, but it was just filled with all those little Miyazaki details and it was enjoyable to watch.

Either Mononoke or Spirited Away, haven’t seen some of his other stuff.

I’ve enjoyed them all insanely in their own special ways each, thus I like them all in different ways and cannot choose a favorite.

As a side note, Favorite is a stupid word that is over used in message boards. It causes conflicts because people cannot seem to grasp the fact that “favorite” is based off of one’s opinion.