Favorite Final Fantasy Moment?

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
FFV, Gilgamesh’s heroic end.

Whoa I had that in mind when I saw the title of this thread. So I’d say that.

Also, the whole “Breaking into the shinra building, causing trouble, fighting Rufus, and then leaving via motercycle” in FF7 was pretty damn sweet.

ff7
the part when one of the weapons, (cant remeber wich one), attacks shinra hq and rufus gets some pay back. didnt see that coming, he he…

also, any thing that has the highwind, videos. thats the best airship ive ever seen. esspecially when it drops the props for jet engines…sweet!
~DEFIANT

FF4 - Rydia’s return

FF6 - Celes’ suicide attempt

FF7 - Rufus’ death

Originally posted by PanamaJack
Oh yeah, and in my opinion, Cecil was WAY cooler as a Dark Knight. Especially in the Japanese version when he had that cool “Wave” ability.

Yeah, you ARE aware that as a Dark Knight, Cecil wouldn’t be able to use any hoyl weapons, right? That since he relies entireyly on attack, that any attacks he did on undead enemies would suck, right? Considering how many enemies in the game are weak against Holy, I think it was worth it.

Besides, I like Paladins. He was too moody as a DK. Not that he wasn’t as a Paladin, but hey, he got some hot Rosa lovin to help push that away.

Well
FF4: Finding out the relation between FuSoYa, Cecil, and Golbez

FF7: Areis’ death.

FF8: Zell choking on hot dogs

FF9: Kuja going into trance

Reading all that makes me want to replay the FF games.

Same here. Especially FF X, but Im a bum and have no money to buy a PS2…

Ahh yes everything listed here. Those were special times.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
[b]Yeah, you ARE aware that as a Dark Knight, Cecil wouldn’t be able to use any hoyl weapons, right? That since he relies entireyly on attack, that any attacks he did on undead enemies would suck, right? Considering how many enemies in the game are weak against Holy, I think it was worth it.

Besides, I like Paladins. He was too moody as a DK. Not that he wasn’t as a Paladin, but hey, he got some hot Rosa lovin to help push that away. [/b]

Heheh, I said he was COOLER as a Dark Knight, not more powerful. Although I can’t argue with the “Hot Rosa Lovin”.

Aeris death is a favorite moment? Did you hate her that much, or do you think Sephiroth is uber-cool?

Anyway, mine is when Yuna leaps off the tower in Bevelle and summons Valefor to catch her.

Originally posted by PanamaJack
Heheh, I said he was COOLER as a Dark Knight, not more powerful. Although I can’t argue with the “Hot Rosa Lovin”.

Few can. They had the only romantically embracing sprite I’ve seen in any game.

Originally posted by demigod
[b]Aeris death is a favorite moment? Did you hate her that much, or do you think Sephiroth is uber-cool?

Anyway, mine is when Yuna leaps off the tower in Bevelle and summons Valefor to catch her. [/b]

She is not that hateable, and he is not that cool. Maybe he’s just sadistic.

Using the Bombring (just because it was cool)
Using the Echoer
“Spoony Bard”
Twins getting stoned (just becaue it was probably the most memorable moment from the game)
Galuf’s fight with Exdeath (Galuf is cool)
“Faris is a girl!?”
Terra morphing for the first time
“Not a word of this to anyone, O’ shrouded one!”
Red XIII & Seto scene
Opening FMV for VIII
The Eden Summoning FMV
“You’re Not Alone!” scene someone already mentioned
“Oooh…Soft!”
Two marriages
Vivi’s goodbye (that was heart-wrenching)

Originally posted by Dark Paladin
Twins getting stoned (just becaue it was probably the most memorable moment from the game)

hehehe… If I never played FF4, that’d probably be even funnier.

I’m replaying FFVII right now ( this time past the North Crater, I hope ) so it’s standing out, but I’ll try to remember the rest.

-Final Fantasy VI’s entire ending
-The phoenix scene with Locke and Rachel
-When Terra comes out as an Esper to fight Phunbaba
-Celes’s opera scene
-Fighting Kefka as the fallen angel
-When Galuf and the Warriors of Dawn appear before the final battle with Exdeath
-The last lines of Final Fantasy V, about the four elements
-From the battle with Zemus to when Zeromus dies
-Fighting Hojo, with Vincent in the party

Hmm, I thought I would have more from FFVII. I love the game, and it has plenty of great moments, but most of them fall one notch short of this list. They don’t affect me quite deeply enough. It’d do better with me in a list of favorite characters. Still, I have to see the final battle and the ending before I can be sure.

My worst Final Fantasy moment, since I have one in mind right now, is the theater scene during Cloud’s date. The one that pokes fun at simple Kingdom Galdria, where a princess is captured by a dragon that can only be defeated by love. Maybe I’m paranoid, but Galdria sounds awfully like Guardia, especially since l’s and r’s are interchangeable in Japanese. And heroes tended to overcome things with love in Guardia too, one even giving his life to rescue his friends. And many people, often the fans of FFVII’s intellectual complexity, disdain Guardia because, on that level, it’s relatively simple. And heaven forbid that, like Galdria, it have a happy ending.

Xwing1056

psh, who needs love when you can defeat evil with the power of math.

Originally posted by Silhouette
psh, who needs love when you can defeat evil with the power of math.

:hahaha;
How many “Math is Power” commercials have you seen?

watch “The Flight of Dragons” kthx

Spoilers in post
FFVI- the Opera House scene. Who knew even a story within a story could be so moving?
FFVII- In Cloud’s subconscious, when Cloud takes off the soldier helmet and reveals that he really was there to save Tifa.
FFVIII- When Squall and the Galbadian soldier fight, and the jetpack takes them over the battle. That is the best gameplay-FMV integration I have ever seen, not to mention it’s the epitome of coolness.
FFX- When Tidus learns that Yuna has to “die.” I felt Tidus’ suprise at that moment, and it was the saddest part (until the end at least)

Not, that anything I care about was ruined in that post, but when you post, there’s a little button to provide html for hiding spoilers. Ya know, just above the text box where you type the reply, all those little gray boxes with words and letters, and one says “Spoiler”.

Thanks for the tip

Leo and Aeris die, Tidus is a dream, and Squall dies but is brought back to life at the end!!!

Favorite FF moment? When the bitch got iced.

Which is to say, when Aeris was brutally stabbed.

Why is that a favorite? Because she annoyed the crap out of me, that’s why.