favorite FF song?

While technically not a game, I like some of the music from ADVENTURERS!, all fan-made, of course.

Favorite RPG soundtracks are: Tengai Makyou Zero, Vagrant Story, Rhapsody : A Musical Adventure, Soukaigi, Baroque, Secret of Evermore.

For non RPG soundtracks, I love Silent Hill, iS : Internal Section, Castlevania : IV, Cyber Org, and Einhander.

Edit : forgot Driving Emotion Type-S, Racing Lagoon Guilty Gear, etc… :stuck_out_tongue:

Secret of Evermore? Hmmm… that one struck me as a few really good songs put together with a bunch of songs that really weren’t worth mentioning.

Final Fantasy: Castle theme.

Final Fantasy II: World map theme.

Final Fantasy III: ‘Eternal Wind’.

Final Fantasy IV: Toroia Castle theme.

Final Fantasy V: Lix/Rikks village theme.

Final Fantasy VI: Abandoned Narshe theme

Final Fantasy VII: ‘Genova Absolute’

Final Fantasy VIII: Ultimecia Castle theme.

Final Fantasy IX: World map theme.

Final Fantasy X: Zanarkand theme.

Final Fantasy X-2: ‘Melody of Lightwaves’.

Final Fantasy XI: World map theme.

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: Doom Castle theme.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Riovanes Castle theme.

That’s because ambience dosen’t do anything for you, I’m afraid :confused:

I thought the areas where you only had sound effects and no music went well with the environment.

Originally posted by Dragon God
[b]That’s because ambience dosen’t do anything for you, I’m afraid :confused:

I thought the areas where you only had sound effects and no music went well with the environment. [/b]

I can tell you the songs that I did like from SoE: the opening, Fire Eyes, Crustacia, and the merchant theme.

Here are mine:

FF7- JENOVA

FF9- You’re not alone

FF10- The openin’ theme… Sorry dunno the name

FF10-2- 1000 Words, Real Emotions

FF1 - Underwater Palace

FF2 - Battle, Scene II

FF3 - boss theme (dunno the track name).

FF4 - The Dreadful Fight and The Final Battle

FF5 - My Home Sweet Home, Dear Friends, Battle with Gilgamesh

FF6 - Dancing Mad, Terra, Techno de Chocobo

FF7 - Main Theme, Still More Fighting, Electric de Chocobo, J-E-N-O-V-A, all of the character themes, One Winged Angel.

FF8 - Eyes on Me, Force Your Way, Mods de Chocobo, Ride On, Maybe I’m a Lion

FF9 - Battle 1, Battle 2, Crossing Those Hills, Dark Messenger, Final Battle

FF10 - Zanarkand, Yuna’s Theme, Normal Battle, Tidus’ Theme, Fight with Seymour, Brass de Chocobo

(notice how as the games progress, the amounts of my favorite tracks get more and more? :wink: . . . I can’t help it, I find it so hard to chose ONE favorite.)

FF1: Prelude
FF2: World Map
FF4: Boss Music
FF5: The song playing in the Ancient Library
FF6: Kefka battle Music
FF7: One Winged Angel
FF8: Ultimecia’s castle music
FF9: the whole soundtrack
FFX: The song in the battle with Jecht.

i also liked the kuja themes in FF9

and in the legend of zelda ocarina of time i was rather fond of The Last Battle and The Ending Credits…but i dont think it counts as RPG oh well…i guess i’m expanding my horizons lol

i guess it can be irritating talking about FF all the time…sorry about that folks. just when something really really interests me i never stop lol.

I really like the FFIV World Map remix, by Enya. I pitty the foo who doesent like Final Fantasy! :suckah:

By the way, the JENOVA song reminds me at least a little of the music from the first Gradius game, which, incidently, is the first game whose music I really liked.

If anybody wants to download the FFIV world map theme by enya, here you go.

There’s no link there.

Hm…favourite songs…?

Final Fantasy VII: One Winged Angel, Jenova Absolute, J-E-N-O-V-A, Aerith’s Theme, You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet

Final Fantasy VIII: Eyes on Me, Lunatic Pandora, Premonition (Sorceress Battle Music), Love Grows, My Mind (Rinoa’s Theme)

Final Fantasy 9: Haven’t played much of it…

Final Fantasy X: Suteki da Ne, Summoned Beast Battle, Attack, Enemy Attack, Song of Prayer (All), Crisis

Final Fantasy X-2: 1000 Words, YuRiPa Battle Theme 1

Oh, and Fenril? The opening theme is called ‘Zanarkand’

~Priestess Aeria~

My favorites:

Intro-screen music (especially in FFVI, where it has more parts to it).

FF1 - When you first cross the bridge (or go to the mini-game on the ship) and its variants in the other ff’s.

FF6 - Overworld (WoB) music, Opera theme.

FF8 - Squall carrying Rinoa across the FH tracks to Esthar.

Originally posted by Striker44
FF8 - Squall carrying Rinoa across the FH tracks to Esthar.

That would be ‘Love Grows’, if I’m not mistaken.

~Priestess Aeria~

Hm… I think my all time favorite is “Terra” from ff6, or perhaps “Rosa” from ff4 (Theme of love or something)… But I also like CT’s opening theme and the one called “wind scene” or something

Ah, Love Grows, thanks. I don’t have the soundtracks, so I can only describe where the songs occur, thanks for the heads-up.

Only ones I can think of as favs. are the Hymn of the Fayth and Other World from FFX.