Faveourite final fantasy

Angry that I posted this lame, and much hated topic that resurfaces every so often?, don’t be, this thread is about deceit, (like how I just decieved you :wink: do you lie to other people often?, either for fun, or whatever?, I suppose I tell the odd lie, when it comes to online games <_<, but other than that I don’t lie too much.

Ooh… very clever. :ah-ha!: My position on lying is quite simple: I always prefer to tell the truth, but if it suits me better to lie, i.e. I’m likely to get better results than with the truth, then so be it. And if I get caught, next time I’ll know to lie more convincingly.

If they wanted a truthful answer in the first place then really, they should have asked another person. :ah-ha!:

I worked in telemarketting, deceit is indirectly a part of me like a knife kept in a sheath for a moment of need

Like an unprepared oral presentation that I bullshit my way thru and still get 85% or so, for example.

I’m often honest to a fault, though I have lied for the sake of not offending people here and there.

I try not to lie too often, but sometimes it just happens.

“My homework’s in my other folder at home,” and “honest, Miss, I have started the coursework,” are two of my favourites.

When you lie, you have to make a constant effort to keep that lie alive. Someday it just dies and people will know the truth.

I don’t lie.

I usually try to do my best to keep from lying, but it happens.

I pretty much always cheat myself in the morning by waking up: “It’s NOT… REAL!”

Generally, no. But sometimes it just has to happen.

Originally posted by Zero
[b]I worked in telemarketting, deceit is indirectly a part of me like a knife kept in a sheath for a moment of need

Like an unprepared oral presentation that I bullshit my way thru and still get 85% or so, for example. [/b]

That’s more along the lines of improvisation :wink: But yeah, I work in a similar environment to the one you did, and the amount of bullshitting I do to our customers is staggering- mainly because (and I’m being serious here) I got bollocked royally by one of my managers for telling one of our customers the truth last week. I think whether or not you can lie effectively boils down to one simple thing- a conscience, which makes the ability to turn it on and off at will very useful. :mwahaha:

Yeah, it was an art to me by the end, worked there a little more than half a year, I can make pretzels with the truth if I put my heart to it, guilt also has an off switch. Dark Sand’s better than me at outright blatant lying with a straight face.

I lie, but only when it’s something that concerns me, either to prevent others from being dissapointed, or because I want to ignore my failings as a person. I speak the truth about my opinions on other people though. It would be rude not to.

I consider myself an honest person. I tell the truth because I hate hate hate it when people lie to me (and depending on the conversation and the person, I can usually tell when they are).

However, I do occasionally pull the “white lie,” i.e., telling the truth, but not the WHOLE truth. ;D

Originally posted by Zero
Like an unprepared oral presentation that I bullshit my way thru and still get 85% or so, for example.

Oral presentation? How much do you charge? ^_~

On the occasion, although I can lie with a straight face. Pretty good at it. I try not to, though; if you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.

I lie if it seems the best solution. Of course, time quickly shows that it wasn’t. And since lies very often seem like the best solution, I’ve gotten pretty adept at it: I can lie about most things with a straight face. Not a very nice skill really.

Lies will almost always come around and hit you, wether it be big or small. The size depends on your perspective, in my opinion. So to avoid all this confusion, I find it best not to lie or get involved in a situation where lying would be a candidation eventually.

*hugs yoshimeister for the brillance of this decieteful topic :slight_smile: *

Rarely, and when I do, nobody can tell. I’ve even fooled a polygraph once… All you have to do is convince yourself that the false is true, and it’s easy.

I’m very honest, sometimes to a fault. The fact that I can hardly ever lie with a straight face helps with that. :hahaha;