Farewell Bob & George

After seven long years the story is now complete with an epic, but cheesy ending. Now only an Epilogue remains perhaps? Discuss.

It’s been one hellava ride. salutes

People still read that garbage? Christ. Especially after how the writer dissed us so bad.

Who is “us”, I’m curious?

Not that it matters too much - it stopped being all that funny a long, long, long, long time ago.

I largely kept reading it for the same reason I still keep up on Megatokyo. I got into the story at the start, and I always have a hard time cutting myself off. Besides, it’s free.

BnG at least still gave me laughs even in its last years. I can’t say I’m still as entertained by MT. Though it’s true, in recent years BnG was really only still going on the steam of its popularity.

Regardless of what you think of it, though, it’s a significant comic. It more or less brought about sprite comics, which may be a good or bad thing, depending on what you’re looking at. OL certainly wouldn’t exist without it… which… also may be a good or bad thing depending on how you’re looking at it.

At least 8-bit Theatre is still here, though that’s gradually getting to the end of the story as well. OL is also going to end eventually. But since I’m notoriously lazy I can’t predict when that’ll be. :stuck_out_tongue:

Give Dave kudos, though, for keeping up with daily updates nearly consistantly for almost seven years. Sprite comic or no that’s not a small feat.

“Us” is RPGC, remember? He asked for our help to control his forums (we gave him the rules and moderator support) then he started talking trash and his little forum leeches invaded the old ezboards. Remember boob lights?

Perhaps I wasn’t there for that. I believe you, though.

I sorta remember boob lights. I remember someone calling Zero that.

That was after RPGC’s old attempt of taking over Bob and George.

I remember I started reading that because people here talked about it fairly frequently, then after a year or so I realized it was never that funny and gave up.

Elaborate.

Yeah, I still read B&G till the end, more out of habit than anything else. The story stopped making sense OR being funny a long time ago.

MT moves slowly, but I really see it as one of the deepest and most interesting pieces of media I’ve ever seen. I own all five of the books, and really book format is what it’s best suited for. Not only is it entertaining, its combination of cliche-knocking and characterization is excellent.

Ah, well. At least there are much (much, much, much, ad infinitum) better webcomics out there (Something Positive, Order of the Stick, and Dinosaur Comics for example).

I must say that I was never even remotely impressed by what passed for “humor” in Bob and George. :-\

I never read Bob and George to my memory, but have somehow managed to be aware of several of its plot elements that were not present in the games. It’s always creepy. I’m glad that shit will not happen any more.

(Off topic, I think OotS kinda jumped the shark, of late.)

What games?

And I thought he asked us for help, I didn’t think we barged in there. Either way the welcoming was less than hospitable.

No, Dominic Deegan jumped the shark a bit.

At one point, Sorc, RPGC offered to host BnG. It feel through for some reason.

The Megaman Games.

Who are Bob and George?

The comic isn’t based on the Megaman games, it just uses the sprites.