Excel Saga

I think this has managed to both warp my mind and dethrone Love Hina as my favorite anime. This is the wackiest anime I have ever seen. The main character, Excel, dies like 5 times in the first 10 minutes. There is no real plot continunity except that the epsoider happen in a linerar fashon. And frankly, I laughed my ass off through the whole thing.

Guess why I like it aswell? Randomness >:)

Of course, Puni Puni Poemi dethrones Excel in randomness… But that’s another story…

I only saw one episode of it, and it was to screencap it for a group of friends of mine. It was the one where Excel was hungry and she went to the pool, ordering a huge amount of food and then sitting by the poolside all full and bloated. Mmmm… chubby Excel…

Err, back on topic, I wanna see more of it. What’s the first episode like? And could someone provide me with a bit of backstory? 8)

Excel dies only in the first episode. Watch it when Hyat comes into the story. She dies 3 times an episode.

Story: Excel works for the group Across, which plans on taking over the world. Her master is Illapallazo.

That’s the plot.

The first episode is reset by the Will of the Universe about 5 times before they even get going.

Excel is run over by a truck, shot by Il Palazzo twice (once with a bazooka) and kills her own manga creator. There may have been another one. I forget. It’s sheer randomness all the way. Brilliant.:mwahaha:

Plus 'ole Il tries to learn to play guitar.:thud:

Menchii Rush (BnG)

LAWSUIT!

Excel Saga’s fairly tame now, what with FLCL and Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu out there.

Ep 26 of Excel saga has hentai in it. Just a warning.

You call ep 26 hentai? Man, seriously, you are tame :stuck_out_tongue:
Its MA15+ in Australia, I have the legit version :stuck_out_tongue:

Nevertheless, not the sort of thing you would want your parents too see :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Nightblade
Ep 26 of Excel saga has hentai in it. Just a warning.

It seemed to me as if they just said; ‘right, we’re gonna do EVERYTHING we’re not supposed to! MWAHAHA!’ and then stuck it on the DVD. ES pwns.

I didn’t like Puni Puni Poemi though.

It was rushed, supposed to have 26 ep, but only had 2.

Originally posted by Nightblade
[b]I didn’t like Puni Puni Poemi though.

It was rushed, supposed to have 26 ep, but only had 2. [/b]

I’ve got the first, can’t find the second. I notice a lot of the seiyuu returned for it though. It struck me as too much. Poemi talked way too fast and there just wasn’t much there to really laugh at like there was in ES.

There’ only one word to discribe that anime: brilliant!!:yipee:

The japan speaker of excel is the best! That voice fits excel much better than the american voice…