Excaliber II in FFIX

Has anyone here been successful in obtaining the Excaliber II in Final Fantasy IX? I’ve just started a new file today soley to obtain it. So far I have just gotten out of Gizamalukes Grotto and my time is 2:35. According to a faq I’m using, I’m doing good. Is the weapon even worth it though?

Compared to the stuff you’ll miss? No, because you miss an awful lot.

It’s mostly just bragging rights, really. Though if you do get it, brag about it! I’d love to hear it!

Is there any truth to the rumor that if you let the game clock go past 99:99:99, it resets to 00:00:00 and the Excalibur II reappears?

Ok, that’s good. As long as it’s utterly pointless, I’ll continue. My original intention was just for bragging rights anyways.

That involves playing FF9 for over 30 hours, madness.

There’s a FAQ on GameFAQS that debunks this rumor… Can’t remember which one it is though. :mwahaha:

No. The Clock DOES reset but it turns red and the sword doesn’t appear.

Just forget it, and get a new idea, like doing EVERYTHING(Except the stupy weapon…) in the entire game.

I never bothered to get Exalibur II, since I took my time to get the other weapons. Steiner’s pretty damn strong by himself anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

As for your question, Dalton, I’m not sure. Where did you hear that about the timer resetting?

You don’t even need Excalibur2, the enemies aren’t that strong.

I mainly use Ragnarok, and since i can reach 9999 damage with Excalibur1 or even weaker weapons, there is no reason to get it. (Necron is not worthy of being a final boss…)

No one in FFIX is worthy of being the final boss. Even Ozma is a piece of cake if you know how to do it.

Thats right… In my opinion FFIX was no real challenge…

I enjoyed FF7 and 8 much more.

Necron was the first FF boss since Zeromus that was actually a challenge to me.