Every night, I die

Dreams about dieing are fairly common. Some of you have got to be lieing, because everyone has a dream where they die. It’s most often you falling off a cliff or down an elevater shaft or something.

I had a dream where I fell off the back of a jeep and my parents acidentally ran me over.

It’s been said, if you have a dream where you fall off something, and you actually hit bottem, you’re dieing in your sleep:thud: Dunno how true that is though.

Originally posted by Evangelion
It’s been said, if you have a dream where you fall off something, and you actually hit bottem, you’re dieing in your sleep:thud: Dunno how true that is though.

That doesn’t make sense. If the person died, how would they know what was happening in their dream?

I sometimes die in my dreams, although fear, doubt, shock, sadness and pain (physical), including some very agonising kinds of torture, are more common.

I seldom have good dreams.

I know, that’s why I said I dunno if it is true or not. But people who analyze dreams can come up with that sort of shit, can’t they? I mean, we have books out there that we can run to and it explains what dreams mean, but you can’t expect the author to have slept through every subconsious situation they write about. That’s why I don’t really believe in dreams having a “message”. I was just putting that statement out there to ponder:get it?:

Wait, do inner children tell you to burn things?

And sorc, they mat be common, but not every single night!

hmm, dreaming about your own death repeatedly, its, oh i dont know, bad [not to mention creepy]? maybe you should get checked out…

Yes, they do Charl. Submit to them.

<!-- I laugh at every last one of you for taking charl seriously -->

I had a weird dream last night…possibly more than one.
Parts of it I can;t remeber, but for the majority, meand some other people were living in a Dune-esque setting.

I had a dream where I went to school and my eye fell out, right into my hand. I then proceded to go to all my classes with my eye, still conected, in my hand.

This is a dream I can clearly remember, please, tell me what it means, if any of you know…

I am a military commander in battle armour, I am outside our base and am greeted by the supreme commander of our forces
(Emporer Palpatine from star wars) suddenly a boulder rolls up behind him about to kill him, I gently move him out of the way. I turn around and suddenly I see leaning out of a window Han Solo and realise the base is under attack. I rush to the armoury and get two pistols. But I see a beautiful girl my age, but not from my base. I grab her from behind and ask her her business. She looks at me and cries. I release her and we kiss, a long deep kiss. Suddenly my friend Simon appears and grabs a minigun. We leave the girl as well. We then fight the enemy, and they look weird, imagine Arnold Shwarzenegger’s body right? But they have the head of a black guy with an afro. Well anyway we fight our way through and my friends leg is blown off, I kill some more enemies and the dream ends.

Very weird I know. But does anyone know what it means?

One time I dreamt that I was actually dying and I had no clue why. It’s not like I knew I was going to die or had already died, but like it was in process. Very freaky.

Anyway, I’ve heard two different things about death dreams. The first is that death often symbolizes transition in life or moving on in life away from something. The other is that it could symbolize unresolved anger issues, either with oneself or with someone else.

I dream about many different things. Mostly viloence though… blood… and sometimes death… haven’t had those dreams in a while.

You’re probably depressed Charl… you need to see someone who know’s how to help ya…

I used to dream about my death often… still a touchy subject, but I haven’t dreamt of death in some time now.

Anyways, I hope things get better for you Charl… I know it can be scary sometimes to vision this. I don’t have a clue what any of it means, but I still hope for the best for you.

A bit off topic, Orakio, what is it with you and avatars that have phallic objects?

a question I’ll be happy to answer if you’re really dying to know… and if you’re willing to PM it to me.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Hayes
[b]This is a dream I can clearly remember, please, tell me what it means, if any of you know…

I am a military commander in battle armour, I am outside our base and am greeted by the supreme commander of our forces
(Emporer Palpatine from star wars) suddenly a boulder rolls up behind him about to kill him, I gently move him out of the way. I turn around and suddenly I see leaning out of a window Han Solo and realise the base is under attack. I rush to the armoury and get two pistols. But I see a beautiful girl my age, but not from my base. I grab her from behind and ask her her business. She looks at me and cries. I release her and we kiss, a long deep kiss. Suddenly my friend Simon appears and grabs a minigun. We leave the girl as well. We then fight the enemy, and they look weird, imagine Arnold Shwarzenegger’s body right? But they have the head of a black guy with an afro. Well anyway we fight our way through and my friends leg is blown off, I kill some more enemies and the dream ends.

Very weird I know. But does anyone know what it means? [/b]

It means you watch too much star wars.

In relation to what Vicki said… Death is also often seen as symbolizing change/transformation, as in you need to make way for something new by getting rid of/losing something old. Possibly a part of your personality, since it’s you who is dying. The kitten could then be a hint that you need to take active part in the process in order for it to happen.

Too bad you don’t die in real life, it would make the world a better place.