EvE

Anyone heard of this MMO game? It came out about 2 weeks ago and I was wondering what people thought of it…

Here’s a website for one of coporations that was invented and created by some players in EvE: http://www.taggarttransdimensional.com/info.html

Never heard of EvE. Website please?

My brother showed it to me, it looked cool. I would try it, but I’m fairly dedicated to RO, and don’t have the cash to play it.

www.eve-online.com

EAT RAILGUN PIRATE MUTHAFUGGA…err…

It’s a neat game. <.<

Yea it is, now if u could just stop to get ur ship destroyed Zero :stuck_out_tongue:

eh, I’ll wait to see if PCG decides to review it.

Here you go Merlin http://www.eve-online.com/community/reviews.asp

The game is a lot of fun, you can do almost anything you want, operate trade routes, mine and refine ore, hunt pirates, do missions for other players, manufacture and sell items. You can join a corporation (the equivalent of a guild) or work as a freelancer as you work your way up in the world.

And the graphics and special effects are wicked cool ^^

how much does it cost?

Shuddap QP! It’s not my fault I ran into that ambush today!..well, it kinda is, I got overconfident there. -_-

eh, my problem with MMORPGs is that I don’t have time usually to invest in playing games regularly for months at a time. It’ll probably take a really really really good one that a lot of people I know play to get me to sign in for it too.

Plus I find the 50$ fee to BUY the game before you even start paying by the month to just play it to be a stupid thing for the companies to do. That is one of the few compliments I have for RO though, that it was a free download. Although that might be due more to them not having the money to sell it in stores or not understanding the rudiments of the consumer market system rather than generosity, but meh :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with you completely Merlin, there is something cheap about paying for a game that’s going to cost you money to play, but you get a free month and look at it this way, when you get high speed internet you usually have to buy a modem (if you’re lucky) now just buying the modem doesn’t give you high speed internet, you still have to pay a monthly fee for that, so in effect you’re buying something that buy itself doesn’t do anything and that’ll end up costing you a monthly fee. The same is true for lots of things.

As for your time constraints, the fun thing about EVE is that there are no levels, you make your character strong by buying and training skills, these skills take a certain amount of time to boost based on your stats, but the nice thing is that the skill training time is in real time, meaning that if it takes 8 hours to boost a skill you can just log in before going to work, start training the skill, log off and when you come back from work that night your skill is done training, and you haven’t lost any time.

>As for your time constraints, the fun thing about EVE is that there are no levels, you make your character strong by buying and training skills, these skills take a certain amount of time to boost based on your stats, but the nice thing is that the skill training time is in real time, meaning that if it takes 8 hours to boost a skill you can just log in before going to work, start training the skill, log off and when you come back from work that night your skill is done training, and you haven’t lost any time.

Yeah, but my time constraints are tight enough that it can’t justify a 13 dollar a month bill for a game I won’t play quite a few months of the year.

I’m on my way to debt freedom…someday…maybe…<_<

Stupid ships…they must have been made poorly just because they’re called ‘Merlin’

I think the problem is just with your attack vectors, if you’ve been using the 150mm Rail Guns I gave you then you shouldn’t be having any problem, the pirates use close range gantling guns, which the 150mm Rail far outdistances, just get your lock and open fire at 12km, then bank off at about a 70 degree angle, that’ll give you plenty of time to shoot at them before they even get close.

Yeah, I’ve been working on those, although I’d need a 2nd 150mm to work at maximal efficiency, those things HURT.

And me + QP killed a crapload of pirates yesterday, his industry ship is surprisingly efficient at that, mostly because the shields are nigh-unbreachable. I made almost 30k on that, since the money was split two ways.

Yeah he told me his agent got a lead on a pirate gathering, I might go out with you on the next one, might be fun, but I’ll need my 150mm back.

are you guys mercenaries in that game?

Actually, they have a corporations… but any way to make some money is a good way ^^;