EVE Online!

I usually do, running in a straight line is begging to get your ship blown out of the sector. It’s mostly dependent on ship size however, if I’m driving my Megathron that thing is so sluggish and slow that I usually set a course and try to get to optimal range to beat the living shit out of the enemy, but otherwise in my Thorax cruiser I tend to move alot, and when in a frigate…piloting a frig is ALL ABOUT moving and altering, orbiting the enemy if you can.

Zero’s right but to be a little clearer on what options you have; there are several preset commands you can use in PVP; Orbit, Apporach and Keep At Range. You set a range and then just click a button to use them. Even if you’re not directly controlling your flightpath by clicking on space itself you never stay still.

OMGZ… i’m posting… anyways, I might make a comeback with my huge Iteron Mark V industrial ship. I’m tired of WoW (haven’t played in a month and a half) and I always found Eve to be more fun for my type of game, the casual type :slight_smile:

From everything I have seen of EVE, it seems good but slow paced, and there is no “walk around as your avatar” mode, its all 3rd person ship view… So for me thats kinda sucky because I really prefer to have an avatar. Especially a hottt gurl w/big boobies.

You do have a lot of control over your avatar portrait, though.

Woo, the prospect of an RPGCorp is getting better and better :slight_smile:

You are a fucking idiot.
Shut up.

Well better start thinking up a name though. I got a huge list of complexes and where they are so if we get enough people we can start shooting for loot and monies. B-)

Nick: Pierson Enjinn
Ship: A Caracal geared up for sniping and a close-range Ferox.

Nick: Steve Sherrick
Location: Mainly Isaziwa and nearby systems (the citadel region)
Ship(s): A caracal for sniping, Merlin for midrange, and probably a ferox or Moa soon for close-range rape.

My old char

Khali
Location: Headquarters used to be in Shesha, most of my gear is docked at Shesha III.
Ships: Archangel (Megathron, geared for armor-ripping as QPZ4 was shieldbreaker geared) Silver Star II (Thorax, I usually outfitted depending of duty, from stripmining to dronecarrier passing by long range sniper), the Amarr industrial ship with max cargo expansions, my Merlin frigate and the other Caldari frigate, the small cargo carrier one…forget the name.

Skillpoints: About 3 million of them to my last memory. I can deploy 10 drones and fire every weapon in the known universe at level 4 or better by the time I stopped playing. I may have to learn a few more new skills.

Speaking of ships, why in God’s name do mining barges take many damned skills? It’s like three level 5s and some 4s. That’s gotta be a couple of months minimum.

So this is a casual gamer’s MMORPG? What do more hardcore people do in it

I’m not going to respond well to more comments like this on your part.

It’s a hardcore MMO with a casual playstyle. It’s kinda hard to explain, just try it out and see for yourself.

Me and 5 or 6 other friends are gonna try out the free trial the next finals weekend, we’ve decided

New ship
<a href=“http://eve.klaki.net/screens/ganja/Caracal_Guristas001.jpg”>haha</a> it looks stupid.

Nick: Ralff Pixel
Ship: Right now a Merlin, until I can get the Caldari Destroyer. Then I’m going to mainly go sniping and drones. And I’ve got two Ibises, the starting one and one I got when my first Merlin blew up (it was free).

And they cost so much in skills because the good mining ships can use Strip Miners and stuff for 2% of the normal CPU, I guess.

It’s really refreshing being able to shoot your enemies at double the range they can even lock onto you :slight_smile:
(I just finished a mission over 45 km from my enemies. <3 sharpshooting skill)

Because they can stripmine an asteroid like, really fucking fast, I presume. Not everyone and their mother should be able to access it.

Well there are a few ways to be hardcore about it really.

1. Like any other MMO. Get a friend or forty and run the uber-dungeons over and over for named (read: awesome) gear.

2. Set up a corp, recruit a fuckton of people, and do the whole totally-controlling-the-galaxy thing through production. That requires a insane amount of startup money though, and you pretty much need a fleet of battleships to defend haulers in low sec space asteroid fields. For veterans only.

3. Try and break into the top-500 Most Wanted list of pirates. For pirates only. :smiley:

Even though I call them ‘hardcore’ there’s still not much hardcore in the sense that WoW or EQ is hardcore. The whole skill-training-when-you’re-not-on basically destroys any grind the game may have had otherwise.

I tried it Eve Online and I must say it is pretty cool. =D

Not quite my idea of the ‘best’ MMO, the depths of space seem a tad impersonal, but I am sure it is different once you join a corp and such things.

Over all I enjoyed it, and am probably going to play it again today before heading back to City of Heroes.

Also, I really love the tutorial. Seriously. XD That robot lady AI voice thing made me laugh SO hard! Especially the tutorial for pod killing!

:kissy: