Euro 2008

Holland has been the most consistent team though, to be fair. A defeat against them can’t be considered a failure. We are talking football of course :wink: In other news I was amazed by the Portuguese allowing the taller Germans space in the penalty area. Serves them right.

…and here I thought this was going to be a thread about Eurovision. :frowning:

Next year?

edit: What a show, Seifer, what a show! Holland didn’t break the streak after all.

• ritual suicide* X_x

Fuck yes, it’s over.

Why do I ever pick Holland to win anything. They ALWAYS dominate the group stage, maybe even the first knockout round. Then they fall, ALWAYS. It’s like, “Hay. We look good. Oh wait. It’s now single-elimination? K. We’re gonna stop being impressive now.” Except they say it in DUTCH. The Dutch and the Spanish have a lot in common in that area.

Stupid Dutch. Spain’s gonna lose too. It’s inevitable.

Precisely. :fungah: Promising at first, sucky in the end. Why, oh why!

Now that’s weird, España went to the four. At least Italy (blaaaand) didn’t pass.

Russia getting through the Oranje was a huge surprise. Hiddink does it again – taking underdogs further than anyone could expect. And now Mother Russia faces Spain again. Revenge?
Go Gazprom go! … hold on.
I mean RO-SSI-IA, RO-SSI-IA!

Hee. We zien er goed uit. Oh, wacht. Is het nu enkele eliminatie? Okee. We gaan nu ophouden met impressief zijn.

Je moeder snuift Omo!

Go Gazprom go! … hold on.

You’re late, they already got the UEFA cup.

And the Grand Prix de Sovietunion.

Sometimes I love football.

(At some time during the screw-ups with the transmission of the game the black screen changes to the game streamed by ZDF, a German sportscaster begins describing the game and Germany scores their second goal. That’s synchronism.)

“Blackout in Vienna”. Stupid austrians <.< Oh well. I especially liked the “anti racism” speech read by both team captains before the game started. Talk about nervous.

An arrangement with free Döner might have done the trick, easier.

One more game to go, Spain - Germany. I kinda support both. No wait, I’m actually torn between both. Hm, anyway.

That’s it – Gazprom will cut its supplies to Spain as soon as possible. Bunch of dirty perros.

DT, good luck to your team.

Oh my God. Spain didn’t choke. The world is coming to an end.

Repent, sinners, repent!

Spain was clearly the better team. Unfortunately.

-Shrug- Deserved win, as Shimo said. So we’re pretty much relaxed about the win. The main attitude is like “Well, at least it wasn’t Turkey or Italy” :stuck_out_tongue: