ESPN Sports Center Interview with Steve Bartman

Wow, teh funneh

Jeez, he sounded so scared…

Edit: Heh, at the end there :stuck_out_tongue:

Come on people. This is funny. Give it a listen.

I gave it a listen. Was it real? How did they know it wasn’t the guy?

What would Howard Sterns butt cheese have anything to do with baseball? Come on now.

The guy asked him if he still was in Chicago. He replied with “do you like Howard Stern’s ass cheese”. Its a gross way to say “fuck no, why are you asking me that you idiot” . It doesn’t necessarily mean its not the guy.

What? The way he said it wasn’t a “Are you in chicago still?” “Is Margeret Thatcher sexy?” sort of thing.

I thought it was and if it was the guy, or even if it wasn’t , the guy on the other line could’ve interpreted it that way as well and thus responded with a “are you stupid” answer question.

It would have to be an inposter, no one would say that who took themselves seriously.

he WAS stupid enough to catch the ball…

I don’t think that had anything to do with stupidity, it was a baseball game, and he wasn’t the only one reaching for the ball.

Originally posted by Sorcerer
I don’t think that had anything to do with stupidity, it was a baseball game, and he wasn’t the only one reaching for the ball.

Personally, I feel bad for the guy. Everyone wants to catch a ball when you’re at a baseball game; he just happened to be dually lucky and unlucky by catching this particular one.

Actually, I don’t think he even caught it, so it was completely lose-lose for him.

And yeah, I feel bad for him too. One time, I was at a game and someone left early and gave us their lower seats. Well, soon after that, someone hit a foul ball in my direction. I was focused entirely on the ball, I didn’t see anything else, until it landed in Cal Ripken, Jr.'s mitt, a good 20 feet away. Not only did I not see Ripken, I didn’t even see how far I was from the ball. This guy was unfortunate enough to actually be near enough to screw it up.