Error with Gunbound startup...

I just reinstalled Gunbound, and whenever I start it up, I get the error in the picture.

Can anyone tell me how to do exactly what it’s telling me needs to be done?

Yeah, I’m an idiot…

[sarcasm] hey! it’s simple! just turn off that auto… monitor… reinkarnation… thingy [/sarcasm]

Kain, do us all a favor and be quiet, unless you have some help for him.

He doesn’t exactly know what settings to alter, nor how to get to said setting. I have no idea myself…

Send them an email, and ask them if they can help you solve the problem.

I myself have no idea what it could be, not with all that Engrish in it.

Originally posted by StarStorm
[b]Kain, do us all a favor and be quiet, unless you have some help for him.

He doesn’t exactly know what settings to alter, nor how to get to said setting. I have no idea myself… [/b]

Is your comment any more helpful than his? :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, start up Gundbound, go to Options, and turn off Auto Refresh Rate Control.

Just tried that…got same message.

Try putting the thing on “no background”?

Same error! o_O

This is odd.

when it comes to problems with Windows, I am lost…
I would try reinstalling the program (again), or just hope that it will go out with time… do you know if there is any worms or virus’ on your com?

I’m fairly certain that we’re virus-free, but I’ll run a scan later anyway.

And I think I WILL try reinstalling it.

Even if nothing works, thanks for tryong to help, everyone.

Reinstalled, still no worky…I’ve pretty much given up at this point. I’ll try again when I get my own comp.

Once again, thanks everyone.

Don’t give up yet, GB just released it’s FAQ and has a solution that looks to be the same as your problem

<i>Can’t perform initialization to start game-33. In this case turning off “auto monitor regeneration frequency control’ can solve the problem.”

To run Gunbound without any problem, you are required to have a computer system that meets the recommended system requirements, have DirectX 8.0 or later installed, and have a video card that supports 3D acceleration with the latest driver installed. If you still get the error meeting the above requirements, please do the following.

If you get an error saying, “Can’t perform initialization to start game…” it is often caused when an unknown error is caused. If this is the case it’s because the error is caused by the lack of auto monitor regeneration frequency.

Right click your desktop, click properties, click the settings tab, click the advanced button, click the monitor tab, and there should be a dropdown box called “Refresh Frequency”. Try different frequencies. If this does not work, try running with 800x600 resolution. If none of these works, your computer may be infected with a virus.