Envy

So, most of you guys and girls must still be enjoying snow this time of the year. How dows snow taste like? Hm…

No, I didn’t open this one to talk about snow. I’d rather talk about sand. Hot. Clean. Empty like a desert. With salty water in front of it.

These are a few places I’ve been to this time of the years between October and January. A few in my own state, others more to the south but still closer to the equator than to the tropicas lines =)

(I am not the one who took most of the pics, though. I got a lot of them from touristical sites)

These are the ones I had to travel far to reach:

The water is so clean that you can see the bottom in a faint blueish hue from this angle. Same beach, but now seen from a sand road. The sea gets bluer from this angle. When you get into the water it is 100% transparent near you.

This one is called “Mermaid Beach”. A pity I couldn’t find a closer pic.

“Green Dream”

Many many coconuts on this one. The name is something that would go like “Crossing Souls”

You talk about being shallow. This one is very flat, so water is only a few inches deep for many yards.

This one with a village in it. But the fact that it isn’t empty like most others doesn’t turn people down. A view from the water.

This one is called “Gunga Beach”. No relation to Star Wars’ Otoh Gunga city. Another pic from the same beach.

From now on, the ones that are within a 1-driving-day range from my apartment:

“Future Beach” is the closest one. Very beautiful, and it’s got the most tasty coconuts. For those who like, the finest crabs can be found here. Other angle. Yeah, i know, i should have took a shot of the sea too… By thw way, this is the 2nd most salty sea of the world, behind the Dead Sea only.

Wild and beautiful. This one is called “Little Beach”.

“Black Clay” is the name of this one. I don’t know why, since there is no black clay around. Those big things in the pic are rocks, which should appear in lighter hues but didn’t due to wrong exposition times I think.

This goes by the name of “Broken Boat”. Too crowded for my tastes, but still, very beautiful on rainy days.

Last but not least. The beaches are not in cronological order, but this is the one to which I have been the most recently. My aunt has a hotel nearby. Me and some friends are going to spend some weeks there in February and July. I love that place =D It’s got a crazy name, though. “Little Lagoon”. Like, who would call the sea a lagoon, let alone a little one? Go figure… One interesting feature is that you can find quartzes on the shore line by the lower tides.

I still think brazilian sea feels like pee.

Give me a polar bear dip over sand any day envious glare

:too bad; Me want…

The water is so clean that you can see the bottom in a faint blueish hue from this angle. Same beach, but now seen from a sand road. The sea gets bluer from this angle. When you get into the water it is 100% transparent near you.
That doesn’t mean it’s clean kiddo. It means it’s dead. That’s what acid rain does to lakes, it makes them look 100% clean and clear because there’s no life to toss around particles and stuff.

I can’t say with infallibility that that’s the case here, but don’t make the mistake of swimming in an acidic lake :stuck_out_tongue:

Acid my ass, It’s pee.

Brazilian sea must be like, God’s bathroom or someshit, it really feels like you’re bathing on pee.

You’ve bathed in urine?

Nope, but I’ve felt Urine with my hands, and between touching, and bathing on some sort of liquid, there is not a big difference.

Originally posted by Kor
I still think brazilian sea feels like pee.

sits there and laughs

How true…

If southern CA wasn’t such an overcrowded, conservative, sheltered, religious zealot burnt shit hole, I might like it more.

whimper Sand…and palm trees…and ocean. ;.;

Originally posted by Sinistral
If southern CA wasn’t such an overcrowded, conservative, sheltered, religious zealot burnt shit hole, I might like it more.
Yeah, we should all move to Salt Lake City and be free to do what we want!

Tomiko: We don’t have acid rain in beaches here. And the beach is quite alive. There are fishermen that work on that sea.

Kor: I doubt you even know how it feels in the sea, since all you’ve bathed on in your life was the dirt you farm =p

I was looking at Mermaid Beach pic again and then remembered a lesson I learned there. I tried to learn how to surf. Alone. I just picked a bodyboard and threw myself far from the shore. At the first wave I span wildly beneath its crest and almost broke my backbone. I’ll never try bodyboarding again. Windsurfing is still in my plans, though I will get an instructor when I go for it.

Originally posted by Sinistral

The conservative sheltered aspects are really only part of the middle-class suburbs. I’m surprised you’ve seen that side of SoCal, not having been brought up here. >.>

I’ll take sand over snow anyday.

Not that we don’t get both… Michigan has a temperature range from -20 to 120 F, and people wonder why we have the worst roads in the country.

I’ve lived here for over 5 years, Kero. Its really not a hard observation to make.

You can apply that description to any part of suburban America in any state. I also grew up in the suburbs, and I’m sure there are those who would apply that description to where I grew up, though I don’t think its that bad, only one aspect of the truth; likewise I don’t think living in the suburbs of Southern California is any particularly better or worse than living in the suburbs I lived.

Not only that, but there’s so much more to SoCal than what you’ve described, Sin. Move to Westwood with me if you don’t believe me. :sunglasses:

I don’t want sand or snow.

I’d settle for a simple overcast blanket of gray clouds wrapping up the whole of the sky, with a gentle, light, revitalizing drizzle of rain falling on my hair and shoulders as I wander a network of already drab streets and sidewalks made an even grimmer shade of gray by the layer of water.

That’d be just fine dandy and idyllic for me.

Originally posted by Kor
Nope, but I’ve felt Urine with my hands, and between touching, and bathing on some sort of liquid, there is not a big difference.

=\ Why are you touching your pee?

We used to go to a cool beach on the outer banks. Rodanthe, it was called. It was really empty, sepearetd from the tourist spots, so we would have the beach to ourselves.

:too bad; We dont have enough money to go now. That place rocked.

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy
[b]I don’t want sand or snow.

I’d settle for a simple overcast blanket of gray clouds wrapping up the whole of the sky, with a gentle, light, revitalizing drizzle of rain falling on my hair and shoulders as I wander a network of already drab streets and sidewalks made an even grimmer shade of gray by the layer of water.

That’d be just fine dandy and idyllic for me. [/b]

Your wish is my command. Sends you to a Cyberpunk world =p