Eminem

Anybody here like him?

i do not follow eminem but i liked the song “lose yourself”

Originally posted by Silhouette
i do not follow eminem but i liked the song “lose yourself”
Same here, I like his music, but not enough to go through any trouble to listen to it.

I do. Sorc does. SG maybe, dunno.

:cool: i think he’s great. i think every song he’s done is great

I like him, but I only have one of his albums legit (the Eminem Show, I burned the MMLP)

To go against (apparently) popular opinion (though it’s only my own opinion) I can’t stand any of that whiny little freak’s songs.

Umm, actually I thought the majority here cant stand Eminem…

Spoon, the majority can’t stand Eminem, it’s just that instead of going into flamefest, they don’t post here.

I personally find no redeeming value into his music. I agree that when it comes to rap/hip-hop, he is fairly talented, however, that doesn’t count when I’m looking for balanced lyrics. Balanced meaning that the meaning and the composition of the lyrics both have sense, which, in Rap/Hip-Hop, the composition is always fast and furious, typical of a sub-culture based on dominance.

So no, I don’t like Eminem, but however, I hate his music for what it is instead of the “bland hate” that stems through his lyrics.

Originally posted by SpoonyBard
To go against (apparently) popular opinion (though it’s only my own opinion) I can’t stand any of that whiny little freak’s songs.
:cool:

I like the songs they play on the radio, but I wouldn’t buy any albums. He always has nice background music…

I’m starting to like eminem. His newer stuff is showing the guy has talent and a better point to make than fuck bitches.

I hate Eminem.

I don’t know why.

I just do.

Originally posted by Sinistral
I’m starting to like eminem. His newer stuff is showing the guy has talent and a better point to make than fuck bitches.

That’s why I recognize that he had talent. It’s just that, like I said, the general formula for Rap/Hip-Hop is simply unappealing in a prosaic sense.

Iga mentions part of the reason I hate that genre.

The other part is? Just for the record? We all have our reasons for liking/disliking it, but I’d like to know yours.

Originally posted by SpoonyBard

Thank you sir.

I like him a bit, although I find the person and biography of Marshal Mathers rather than his image Eminem. To me he’s a fascinating person to witness in the media, but some of his songs are just ok. He lives off the hype and popularity of who he is, and most people go for that than his actual talent, or depending on who you talk to, lack of actual talent.

I dislike him and his music quite a bit.

Of course, I dislike the mysogynistic and commercially saturated rap genre as a whole… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d say Eminem is easily one of the top 10 MC’s ever. He’s incredibly talented, and “The Eminem Show” proves this - that was his first album where Dre hadnt helped him put it together. He has a commanding stage presence and is an incredible performer. His lyrics are pretty fucking incredible. He is very much talented.

This is an awesome age for Rap, right now, we’ve got Dre coming back, snopp muddling along, Nas making his show right now, and all these 2pac and Biggie albums coming out.