Electronica artists...

I recently got in a small arugment with a friend over electronic music. We were just debating who our favorite artists were and I mentioned the Crystal Method as an American artist and my personal favorite, DJ Tiesto, as the international twist. My friend thinks Tiesto is overrated, but that’s a different story. That reminds me, does anyone know of some really good Tiesto songs or other electronica artists to wet my whistle with aside from TCM, Talvin Singh, and Paul Oakenfold?

Check out songs from Tiesto’s Parade of Athletes album, if you haven’t all ready.

For more like Talvin Singh, you might like Asian Dub Foundation. Launchcast.com’s other recommended artists: DJ Cheb I Sabbah, Rachid Taha, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Ravi Shankar, Gotan Project, Amon Tobin, Nitin Sawhney, Natacha Atlas, Dzihan & Kamien, The Dining Rooms, Boards of Canada, Tosca, St. Germain, DJ Krush, Nightmares On Wax, U.N.K.L.E., Hooverphonic, Lamb, Kushal Das, Toumani Diabate, Hossam Ramzy, Sheila Chandra, Cheb Mami, Khaled, Salif Keita, Peace Orchestra, Youssou N’Dour, Red Snapper, Baaba Maal
I’ve italicized some that I’ve heard and liked myself.

Others similar to Paul Oakenfold: Mark Farina, Sasha & Digweed, Carl Cox, George Acosta, Keoki, Sandra Collins, Paul Van Dyk, Ferry Corsten, DJ Micro, Kruder & Dorfmeister, BT, Johnny Vicious, ATB, Iio, 4 Strings, Thievery Corporation, John Digweed, Christopher Lawrence, Pete Tong, Armin Van Buuren, Sash!, Outfly
Orbital was also listed, I’ve loved a good number of songs by them: The girl with the sun in her head, The Box, Chime, Sad but True, Halycon and On and On, Lush 3-1, Lush 3-2, Remind, Monday

TCM = the Crystal Method, right?
the Orb, Propellerheads, Underworld, Tricky, Dj Shadow, Aphex Twin, Groove Armada, Sneaker Pimps, Cirrus, Juno Reactor, DJ Baby Anne, Gus Gus(I like the song polyesterday), DJ Guis, Trance All Stars
Underworld is another favorite of mine, I have the albums: Everything, Everything(live) and Beaucoup Fish, both great despite Everything, Everything being live. Songs from those that I like: Winjer, Jumbo, Cups, Shudder/King of Snake, Push Downstairs, Something like a Mama, Moaner, Juanita/Kiteless, Pearl’s Girl, Born Slippy[Nuxx], Rex/Cowgirl, Cowgirl

Others like DJ Tiesto: J&R Project, QED, Divine Inspiration, DJ Irene, Lazard, Kreo(good song is Burn for you), Candee Jay, Motorcycle, Chicane, KMC, Noemi, Hannah, Andain, Jonathan Peters, Hex Hector, Tall Paul, Al B. Rich

Soundtracks you might like: The Saint, Hackers, Hackers 2, Hackers 3, Matrix, Matrix Reloaded, Matrix Revolutions, Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat: More Kombat, CSI(you might like a few cuts); that’s almost all the soundtrack albums i have too.

Other electronica artists you might like as I do: Moby, Bjork, Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, the Other People Place, Massive Attack, Fatboy Slim, Jamiroquai
If you happen to like female singers and happy dance sort of electronica: Amber, Kylie Minogue, and maybe Olive.

Usually to find songs i like it’s either by looking up albums and listening to clips on www.cdnow.com or www.allmusic.com.

If you like Crystal Method, you might like the big-beat guys like Chemical Brothers, Fatboy Slim, and Prodigy.

Tiesto is over-rated.

…yeah – i agree, people are basically getting sick of the same old rock/hip-hop/r&b bullsh*t… and there is just this big upsurge from a new style coming out of Europe – best place i’ve found it so far is a compilation series called ‘euro club hits’ on itunes – or check this link: http://electricfilebox.com/tracks

:wave: :moogle: :runaway: :dancer: