Election Day

If Rehnquist dies, retires, or is removed (for health reasons), then it would most likely remain 8 Justices until the next term starts (there is no way a new Justice would be appointed and confirmed during the Lame Duck session unless Bush wins reelection). The same goes with Chief Justice. There would probably be a temporary Chief Justice appointed from among the eight remaining (most people think Bush wants Scalia to be Chief Justice).

Now, if the SC has to rule on any matters during this time, a tie can happen. The rules of the Court state that if there is a tie, the lower court’s standing holds. For a lower court’s ruling to be reversed, there must be a majority. If the issue went straight to the SC with no lower court ruling… Well… I don’t think that’s ever happened.

I voted early in the morning, and I live in a relatively small district, so I was in and out in like 10 minutes.

Anyone know a website where you can look up results of the local stuff?

You’re probably right.

Well…Right now bush has got it pretty well… Lets hope kerry makes a decent comeback.

dont worry…theres still california. alot of the locals want kerry to win but i myself voted bush

I almost got into a car accident today because of these people. At a major intersection, one of those really big 6 lanes 4 way intersection deals, they had this cardboard Bush cutout, and I couldn’t see through it. As such, I couldn’t quite see oncoming traffic as well as I would have liked, so I almost pulled out right into a big black suburban.

If anything, I hope Kerry wins because he’s taller and skinnier.

Well, taller anyway. I think they’re about the same width-wise (and if they’re proportional, Kerry would be fatter! :open_mouth: )

I’m just glad it’s all over with so that I can go back to not watching endorsed endorsements.

the election’s annoying me… I think I’ll turn my tv off and get back to UT2k4…

Same here…minus the UT2K4…and MTV part. I had fun watching a Spanish though, my Spanish isn’t as bad as I thought. I dont think that we’ll know until Thursday at the earliest when all the absentee votes are counted and finished up. If you look at Yahoos’ numbers, Bush will win. I think that Bush will win and I’ve amde my peace with it…still upset, but I’ve made my peace with it.

That’s a good one…

In case it doesn’t, and certain countries get fed up with bush and decide to bomb the hell out of the US, remember I still have a free guest room. ^^ Second floor, large window facing west so you wake up with beautiful rays of sunlight in the morning, and it’s nice and quiet here as well. :smiley: Anyone want to make reservations?

100,000 votes! Come on you bastards! :smiley:

What do I have to do to get deported from the US?

waits for people to ask for reservations into DT’s room

I predict a PA cartoon to commemorate the occassion.

waits for BushWins2004 to pop up instead and point and laugh

Been watching the news, kinda bummed that Bush has the lead right now. I’ve hardly seen any election commercial things, but I’ll be glad when I’m no longer trying to fight the urge to bad mouth the cheerleader in my class for voting the way her daddy does.

I’m listening on Air America. American radio ads are INSANELY obnoxious. They must think you’re all stupid or something. I mean Jesus. O_o

so bush won, heh? who would’ve guess…? sarcasm mode off