EGM, I'm a faithful reader and subscriber, but you disappoint me greatly...

One word: Ark.

I didn’t agree with EGM’s game ratings.I bought the magazine for the Fall Game preview issue to see games that hadn’t been released yet and for the maps and strategies they had for RPG games----Here is one of my Fall preview issues------

Heh. I had an EGM subscription back then, too. I just recently trashed all of my old gaming magazines (brought them up to Half Priced Books, were they could find new homes). I technically still have it. It’s good through Feb 08. I haven’t had to pay them a dime since 03.

Did you happen to have any issues of “Beyong Gaming” ? I got an e-mail about a year ago from a guy writing a book called, “History of Video Game Magazines- The Early Years” who was offering to pay $100 for any issues of that magazine- i only have one and i wasn’t going to sell it-Apparently, someone told him i was an old time gamer who had magazines from that time.
I remember i got the magazine with a game i had ordered from some company on the east coast- I only have issue # 4.I wrote them at the time inquiring about purchasing other issues but i never got any reply.-----

Can’t say I’ve got any myself. I remember seeing them around, but never ended up picking up any. I tended to stick with Nintendo Power, EGM, and Game Players back in the day, and I’d get Gamepro if absolutely nothing else was available. These days I just read EGM and play. I remember Game Players having a good review of Dragon Warrior II. Without that, I wouldn’t have even known the game came out (no Toys R Us or Walmart around me had it, after I learn of it, I had to hunt it down at a used game store, eventually finding it at FuncoLand when they first opened down here in 1990. Ended up buying DW3 and DW4 at that same Funco).

You know, you don’t have to keep scanning images to illustrate your posts. You can just talk about it.

She doesn’t have to scan pictures, but she doesn’t have to not scan pictures either. :kissy: