Earthbound

I guess that really does make you ‘Da King’. :cool:

Geez, I gave up trying for it at level 75. I’ve never gotten it on a console, and getting it on an emulator just doesn’t feel like the same amount of effort (well, when using 30x playing speed and such).

And then there’s Ness’s ultimate Bat that drops from the Kraken things in Magicant with a 1/256 chance >_>

of which there are only three of. THis game was evil at times.

Ness’ Gutsy Bat can also be dropped by the (very rare) Bionic Kraken in the Cave of the Past, at the same 1/128 rate. Not that that’s a whole lot better, but at least there’s an infinite number of them.

(Actually, I think I went even crazier trying to get three Star Pendants from Major Psychic Psychos. 1/128 as usual, but I needed three, and I hit level 99 on everyone before I even got one. I guess I felt lucky after Jeff’s best weapon had dropped from the second Uncontrollable Sphere (1/128 for that too) I killed.)

The Sword of Kings has 1/128 drop rate from the Super Starmen. I’ve gotten it before and I don’t remember it taking so long.

The Gutsy bat is not dropped by the Krakens in Magicant. It’s only dropped by the Bionic Krakens at the end of the game.

Now here’s the real killer I spent that three hours yesterday trying to get the Sword of Kings and it never happened. This morning I had no intent of trying to get the Gutsy Bat. I fought ONE Bionic Kraken and he dropped it.

It took me about half the expected time (drop rate/2).

It took me four fights to get it. *’-’)/