E3 is NEXT WEEK!!!

All of the shoulder buttons are up on top corners along with the sticks and the face buttons. My only problem aside from energy consumption is the location and size of the + & - buttons which serve the dual purpose of the start/select buttons.

Also listening to the GameTrailers interview with Reggie confirms that the Wii U can reach 1080p. So yes, there’s the Big N’s hi-def console.

A) The 360 controller (and similar models) is the only other one where the analog stick is above the d-pad, and it’s off to the side, not directly above, and so close to it.
B) The positioning of the stick/d-pad on the 360/dual shock are reversed, but still in the same spot; down and to the right.
C) We’re talking about an actual thumb stick, and not a little disc flush with the controller. It looks like it’s way to easy to acidentally bump it. Especially with the right stuck being that close to the face buttons.
D) The right stick/face buttons are in the same spot on both the 360 and the dual shock (and the classic and game cube) controller, so i don’t get that argument at all.

Everything was more about the new consoles and demos than actual gameplay mechanics for Ninty this year. Hell, Skyward Sword got a lot of screen time last year. We’ll just have to scour youtube for recordings of demo gameplay at the e3 booths.

But I disgress; NEW SMASH TITLE. Fuck everything else.

Oh, and handjobs.

Only retards complain about the dualshock, or maybe people with hooks cor hands.

I was impressed that E3 brought out Seifer this year :wink:

That controller looks interesting and hopefully developers won’t need to break the bank to make games for the new hardware (which I suppose will turn out to be slightly more powerful than 360/ps3 if N keeps up the same trend?). Basically I want to [strike]watch[/strike] play Skyward Sword and it sucks that the compulsory WiiMotionPlus thingy or whatever they name it will be obsolete really soon, but anyway.

Actually, it looks like the new WiiU still uses Wiimotes like it’s predecessor so the WM+ is probably still in as well. This is probably why the controller was the focus of Nintendo’s conference. Its more like the Wii MarkII rather than the Super Wii. Basically its got the new Swiss Army Controller, 1080p, and dual screens. (But is it Gamecube compatible?)

I hope so, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Being able to play Wind Waker there would be nice.

Nintendo announced that cool controller they made for the Wii U does not work as a stand-alone tablet. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

You also only get one per console. Break it and you’ll have to buy another Wii U.

E3 isn’t actually all that amazing to go to, there’s some cool stuff to see but practically all the hugely hyped games\hardware are off limits for anyone without a media or retail pass.

And then there’s this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/220774/Photo%20Jun%2008%2C%201%2053%2051%20PM.jpeg

Do they change the position names? Like make them Wide Retrievers? Quarterbarks? Defensiver Terriers?

One week later…

Λ Ω Λ!
Well, I had to show up for the main event - the christening of Wii’s successor.
The baby is cute, but it requires someone with big hands for proper handling.

And now I wonder about Wii Jr.’s income generating potential as much as its future entertainment value. Will Junior become a spectacular commercial hit like daddy? Remember “the good old days”, when thanks to Wii, around mid-2008 Nintendo’s stock quadrupled within two years and Nintendo became Japan’s second-biggest company by market cap behind Toyota? Well, that was then and this is now –
http://www.nintendo-universe.co.uk/2011/06/08/wii-u-underwhelms-investors-as-nintendo-shares-plummet-to-five-year-low/-- at least a year before the console hits the store shelves, the stock market has declared Wii Jr. a failure.
The rationale behind the verdict: while the hardcore segment might (?) climb on board, the “casuals” will be splitting in droves (continue to migrate from the console hardware towards mobile/online gaming).
To paraphrase the efficient market hypothesis, the Market is always right. Right?

Let’s see if third-party developers, after praising Junior so profusely, can deliver and help the newcomer to provide additional cash flow to the company.

For those who missed the “profuse praise” of U by some of the industry top honchos:
Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello calls it a “stunning breakthrough.” (E3)
Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot: “This controller is so revolutionary we think it will bring a lot of new gamers into the industry,"
Activision Blizzard’s CEO Eric Hirshberg: “We will be supporting the Wii U. You bet against Nintendo at your peril.”
Etc. etc.

Teşekkürler

Should we take this necrortunity to discuss TGS which went down last week or not?