E3 FF7 Tech Demo

I heard that Square put out a tech demo of FF7 on the PS3 (similar to the one they did for FF6 on the N64, or FF8 on the PS2). Has anyone got a link to a video clip of it? The only ones I could find are on IGN and GameSpot and both require me to sign up, which I have no inclination of doing.

Yes I do:

Tech Demo

Not only that but I have another trailer… the best one so far IMO:

AC Trailer

(I apologise if this has already been shown)

EDIT: Damn… sorry must read the posts first. You can watch them without signing up but for downloading nope. Sorry

http://ps3.1up.com/do/download?cId=3140613

Streaming and non-streaming versions available, no signup required (for those of you with 56k or slower connections… that includes me at work… >_>).

Oh…

I wish you did not have to download it. The last time I downloaded something on this POS PC, it nearly deleted everything, and I had to reboot the entire damn thing.

Damn, that looked impressive.

Wait, they did a tech demo for FF8 on the PS2?! Anyone got a link to this demo? :hyperven:

It doesn’t look all that awesome… it’s basically just the FMV version of the dance scene, but in real-time (i.e. they move the camera around).

A comrade of mine showed me the FFVII PS3 demo just yesterday. I t plays the whole Midgar train scene frame-for-frame; man, did it bring back memories! The only thing that really seemed to benefit from the graphical overhaul was the way the Shinra building appeared, most noticeably the very peak of it. Is it just me, or did the overall layout seem a little more clear?
That new Advent Children trailer had me teary-eyed!! With accurate, faithful dialogue in the subtitles, i can only become more excited at the apparent continuity of the plot. Seeing the entire team party act as an actual team while fighting Bahamut looked incredible; but it was the appearence of the Highwind that really hit a nerve. If i’d seen a Weapon in that thing…

I don’t know when the last time you played FF7 was, but I think the characters’ graphics were improved a bit, too… >_>

I think it can be safely assumed (without needing to be said) that the graphics are vastly improved considering it’s called a PS3 TECH DEMO.

FF7:PS3. Most of the noticeble are the Skin textures and the Fabric and “Clouds” of Mako smoke. Aerith is better done than her KH self, the hair is abit “thick”. I don’t think the Camrea moves whilst Cloud show his moves in PSX.

BN
No UK date for Ac

They also said that this did not mean they were remaking FFVII. :frowning:

edit; So was that an in-game render or an FMV? If it’s the second I’m not impressed, but if it’s the first then hot damn!

That was my take on it, too. If that’s pre-rendered, it’s not impressive at all.

To be fair, FFVII had pretty good FMV’s for it’s day anyway. After seeing that mind-blowing Killzone 2 trailer, i have faith enough in the PS3’s graphics capabilitiy to hope that this would be in-game. Either way, the overall standard looks as impressive as Advent Children.

Did anyone Notice shes got curves and her Dress shows them a bit as they would in real life as she walks.

BN

I couldn’t see the AC trailer. ;_;

The video recreated a scene from the opening sequence of FINAL FANTASY VII, the seminal 1997 hit on the PlayStation® game console, by utilizing the next-generation, high-performance processor Cell. The scene was recreated with the PLAYSTATION 3’s ultra high-speed data transferring and calculation capabilities. With this technology, a real-time scene with high-end, game-movie quality was successfully created. This means that the movie can be generated in conjunction with the player’s movements, as opposed to a pre-rendered movie that plays during a game.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050517/lam161.html?.v=1

Can we say “Wow” now?

“a real-time scene with high-end, game-movie quality was successfully created. This means that the movie can be generated in conjunction with the player’s movements, as opposed to a pre-rendered movie”

I think the key word here is CAN be generated. Where does it state that it WAS generated in real time?

a real-time scene with high-end, game-movie quality was successfully created.

from Gamespot

a re-creation of the original CGI intro for Final Fantasy VII rerendered in real-time for the PS3 hardware

from IGN

E3 2005: Final Fantasy VII PS3 Real-Time Video

It would be nice to see a gameplay footage of any game for PS3 to be fully convinced how good the console is.

I’m glad theres proof of this. I know sony was trying to pass off a prerendered video from some other game as in-game graphics and got called on it. I was just making sure the werent pulling the same shit on FF7 fans.