DW8 = drool

I read somewhere that in Akihabara,japan there is a law against dragon warrior premiering on a weekday…

I don’t think that there is a law, I just think that the government asks Squenix not to release it on a weekday, because the series is so wildly popular over there that kids will skip school to buy it. It looks great. I’ve never played a Dragon Warrior game, but I’ve heard that DW7 could last someone 200+ hours. If this is even half that length and has graphics like those, I’ll be drooling all over it.

Originally posted by Jenova’s Witness
I don’t think that there is a law, I just think that the government asks Squenix not to release it on a weekday, because the series is so wildly popular over there that kids will skip school to buy it.
No it’s a law in all of Japan, and it’s all weekdays AND Saturdays. Only releasable on Sunday. You got the right reason though. Also, seniors would beat up Juniors for their copies.

DW7 was only about 100 hours for me, but I can see where it could take 200 hours to get everything, since I probably only got about half. But yeah, DWs are usually fairly long so this one hopefully will be too.

Drools more than anyone else

I normally hate cell shading, but this looks good. I’m not a real fan of the DW series, but I might check this one out.

I hope this one is better than VII (I’m playing through now; I am not impressed).

Nice.

Jet Grind Radio kicks so much ass. Was it one of the first cel-shaded games? If not, it’s still the best.

Originally posted by Bakufan19
[b]Nice.

Jet Grind Radio kicks so much ass. Was it one of the first cel-shaded games? If not, it’s still the best. [/b]

Yeah, it was the first

Ooh… it looks cool. First I have to finish DW7 though. (which I DO like, even though I took an extremely long break from it… but that was 'cause of school/work related stuff)