Dropped books of the Old Testament.

Then what about potatoes, carrots and the like?

See, now <i>this</i> is the kind of shit that interests me. Where did you learn this?

Various sites on catholic orders of angels. For example: http://www.sarahsarchangels.com/archangels/9orders.html

Seraphim is the plural. Singular is “seraph”.

Since the subject of angels came up… I’ll share this message with you that I found at some wackos website.

Good morning all.

Do what you can to take good care of your children’s life and future. You are who can make a difference in their life.

Always see that they will have plenty of money left for their education.

Love,

Uriel

Bible patches rock

Ahh very interesting. I just saw on a site (www.christiananswers.com maybe?) that angels are like the romantisized version like everyone likes to them of them as (everytime you hear a bell ring, an angel gets its wings!). Didn’t read all of the article, but the wing thing stuck out to me…

You’d be surprised. It’s easy to believe that the Bible’s translation has been a completely linear process from the original Hebrew/Greek to today’s modern languages, but that’s not necessarily the case. The newest translations of the Bible, considered to be the most accurate, have been translated using the oldest surviving Greek/Hebrew manuscripts (and not just a single manuscript either… while there are some variations, since we do not have the original, the majority of the variations come from accidents, typos and stuff, since they were written by hand, so the scholars that are translating them have access to several copies (there are tons of surviving ancient documents of the New Testament, compared to other ancient documents), so they are able to work their way through these errors to give as accurate a translation as possible).

Anyway, yeah, there are lots of gospels and stuff written that didn’t make it to the Bible, and there are some extra books in the Catholic Old Testament that aren’t in most Protestant Bibles. And there are “New Testament” books that were deemed by the early Church not to be “divinely inspired” (such as the Gospel of Thomas), but this was mostly due to inconsistencies between these books and the rest of the Bible, or that they were written far after the rest of the books, etc. Not necessarily because of some evil conspiracy (although conspiracy theories are fun, they’re not always true).

There is so much contreversy between some of these subjects between Catholics and other Chrstian denominations that this could go on for a WHILE.

I don’t think there are any Catholics here. (Are there?)

The vast, vast majority of people here are either agnostic or atheist.

Honestly I think a lot of gamers throw themselves into the atheist category cause it makes them seem more badass or cool. (At least to the others that do that)

That’s most Athiests in general.

That’s most people in general.

You’re most people in general! Wait…

Most people I encounter wear pants, though.

They also leave their house when it isn’t required.

Freaks.

Yes, there are. I am Catholic for example, and spontaneously, I would assume that Seraphim Ephyon is Catholic as well. But I may be wrong there.

My God the rest of the world must be horrible… pants and leaving home… whats next? At least they still get most of their light from computer and TV screens, right?

I’m Irish. Republic of Ireland. And you think I’m Catholic. I’m sure I should be offended, but I’m too shocked to be. Well…not really. It’s not that important.