Drink like a fish, play pool like a shark

It’s Gotta Be The <strike>Shoes!</strike> Booze!

Okay, so, right. Um, I’m out playing pool with some friends of mine, and as usual I pretty much suck, because I hardly ever get to practice. About halfway through our session, I finally figure out how to position my hands so that I can get some actual power behind my shots, so I start doing a little better, but I still generally suck.

[Mind you, none of us are awesome but I’m the least awesome of the bunch.]

So as our time is winding down, I’m playing one last game of 8-ball, and I’m sucking more than usual. I fall behind real fast: The other guy’s got only one striped ball left, and the only one of my solids that’s gone down is one he sunk by accident.

Then the waitress shows up, finally, with the Smirnoff Ice I ordered a while before. I chug a bit, and it’s like Popeye’s spinach or something, because I finally start playing well.

I sink all sorts of shit and get down to just the seven ball before he finally beats me and we leave. But not before I made the other guy (somebody’s boyfriend who I didn’t know too well) sweat quite a bit.

Just thought I’d share this with y’all. And remember: If you’re playing pool, and you’re not doing well, Start Drinking Alcohol. Your game will improve. It worked for me :smiley:

I learned that a few years ago, except not with Smirnoff Ice.

The same thing happens with card games. Once I Start Drinking Alcohol, I play much better.

To Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Katana
To Alcohol, the cause of, and solution to, all of life’s problems.

I may not be able to type well, but I can kick ass like a demon in any capcom fighting game after I’ve downed a ‘few’.

I don’t drink alcohol, but Caffiene works just as well for me. Give me a 2-liter bottle of Mountain Dew, and somethign with a lot of sugar in it, and I’ll kick your ass four times over in anything you want.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
I don’t drink alcohol, but Caffiene works just as well for me. Give me a 2-liter bottle of Mountain Dew, and somethign with a lot of sugar in it, and I’ll kick your ass four times over in anything you want.

Sugar? Where? Must…have…carbonated…sugar…ugh…

It is because the alcohol makes your aim bad. A bad aim that is made worse becomes a good aim. *Nod, nod.

I suck at pool, with and without alcohol. But that could be because alcohol as little to no effect on me.

I’m not old enough to drink so I wouldn’t know if alcohol helps my game-playing.

However, a combination of caffinated beverages and Sonata Arctica makes me do excellently in StarCraft. :smiley:

Heh, reminds me of Legend of Drunken master. :hahaha;

Ah, that was a fun movie.